Author Topic: Seeking participants: PhD research on trauma  (Read 5748 times)

Offline Self and Trauma Study

• Researcher
  • First posts
Seeking participants: PhD research on trauma
« on: March 17, 2023, 10:49:44 AM »
Hi,

My name is Jake Dorothy and I am a PhD researcher in the Department of Philosophy at the University of York.

I am researching how experiences of trauma impact peoples' sense of self in different ways. This is an area that is currently poorly understood, and the research aims to improve understanding so that people who have experienced trauma might be better supported with their difficulties.

As part of this research, I am seeking participants for an online questionnaire. Anyone who is over the age of eighteen and who has experienced one or more traumatic events is invited to take part. The questionnaire is in two parts: the first part is a series of open-ended questions where responses of any length can be given, and the second is an established clinical assessment. It is expected to take between 30-60 minutes to complete.

The Participant Information Sheet and questionnaire can be found here: https://york.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ekUIVRFtV7wKwlM

This study has been granted ethical approval by the Arts and Humanities Ethics Committee at the University of York. If you have any questions about the study, please contact [email protected].

Many thanks in advance to anyone who considers participating.

Warmly,
Jake