Author Topic: dont know what to do (therapy)  (Read 5252 times)

Offline sophietom23

• First posts
dont know what to do (therapy)
« on: January 19, 2014, 08:01:22 PM »
ive just been moved from CAMHS to the adult service, every time i go i always end up saying im doing fine even when i try my best to tell the truth, ive been struggling at the moment and it seems to keep getting worse, i hate talking about it though and every time i go to therapy i always go thinking im going to tell them how i really feel but i never end up doing it, now im only seeing them every couple of months because they think im doing well, but to make it worse my anxiety is getting really bad which is making it even harder, even posting on here is hard, no one else seems to have this problem its like im just alone in it all again, dont no what to do im going to therapy on thursday and not sure if im going to be able to say anything, already worried about going and everything is getting bad again but no one seems to  realise  :help:

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: dont know what to do (therapy)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 12:49:32 PM »
Firstly  :welcome:

Would you consider printing your post and giving it to them or copying the text and printing that? It is hard to explain things sometimes and I usually find writing easier.

Also is it a Therapist or a Psychiatrist that you see now? There are some big differences between adult services and CAMHS, it would be unusual as far as I know to have therapy appointments that far apparent, but it wouldn't be unusual to see a Psychiatrist every few months. It must be confusing! I know that when I saw a CAMHS psych I saw her every week and she did do some therapy type things, but it isn't like that often in adult services.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline sophietom23

• First posts
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 04:30:18 PM »
thanks, ive never tried writing things to tell them, but im not sure what he is that i see they didnt really explain anything to me but the whole transition from CAMHS to adult service was pretty bad anyway, i saw the person in CAMHS every week and since ive moved its like ive just kind of been forgoten, i didnt even end up going on on thursday because the man rung up and canceled so think im going tuesday instead, just feel a bit stuck at the minute and they dont seem to be helping much

Offline purplefiona

• 18+
  • Gold Member
  • another day
    • Jewellery site
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 07:24:04 PM »
Was there a handover period between the two services? Is there anyone form both services that you can speak to?
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 10:16:22 PM »
It sounds like it would be a good idea to ask them what role they have and how often they plan to see you.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”