Author Topic: Looking for autistic participants :)  (Read 6694 times)

Offline rmoseley

• Researcher
  • First posts
Looking for autistic participants :)
« on: August 28, 2020, 11:43:39 PM »
Hello,

I am very grateful to the moderators for their generosity in allowing me to share my study here.

I am an autistic autism researcher and long-term self-harmer. As a scientist in the field of psychology, my area of research focus is around mental health, self-injury and suicidality in autistic adults. I have published two papers on this, which can be accessed on the publications part of my profile page: https://staffprofiles.bournemouth.ac.uk/display/rmoseley . There is such a heightened risk of suicide in the autistic community, and I am passionate about raising awareness and understanding on this topic, such that hopefully autistic people can be better supported.

I am currently conducting a study looking at the relationship between self-injury and suicidality in autistic adults. It is an online survey, which involves completing a number of questionnaires. It may take up to an hour (typically about 45 minutes), but some people complete it much faster. You can complete the survey over many days and take as many breaks as you need, without losing your place. As a thank you for your time you will receive a £10 Amazon voucher, which we can specify to the country where you live.

To take part, you just need to be above the age of 18, with a diagnosis of autism, Asperger Syndrome or PDD-NOS.

To read our Information Sheet, please follow the link below:
https://bournemouthpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cUckmwgYT6Rtjdr

Once you’ve read it, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up for the study if you so wish. You will be asked to enter your email address (we won’t store it at this stage), and the study will then be emailed to you automatically. If once you've read the information sheet you do not want to take part, you can just shut it down - we won't take any details from you, from just clicking the link above. :)

If you have any questions about the study, please do not hesitate to contact me, Rachel Moseley, at Bournemouth University ([email protected]), or post questions here in this thread.

Thank you so much for your time in reading this advertisement. :)

Kind regards,
Rachel

:emot-thumbsup11:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 10:21:14 AM by Rob »

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Looking for autistic participants :)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 04:22:55 PM »
Completed.

There does need to be a lot more research and awareness of these issues even among MH profs, some of them are clueless about ASD.
Rabbits are better than people

Offline rmoseley

• Researcher
  • First posts
Re: Looking for autistic participants :)
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 05:05:20 PM »
Completed.

There does need to be a lot more research and awareness of these issues even among MH profs, some of them are clueless about ASD.

Thank you so, so much, Vermilion. I am so grateful for your time taking part in my research.  :flower:

I agree - it is so very important that autism is accounted for in all mental health interventions. SO important. :)