Author Topic: Long time no see..  (Read 8170 times)

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Long time no see..
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 10:49:22 PM »
Hi icklechick... I'm sorry to hear your going through a hard time at the moment with physical stuff... I def remember you tho I used to be called bluegem x
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Je7

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 11:04:24 PM »
Hi Ickle, I remember you. I'm sorry you're having difficulty with your health at the moment. I hope it sorts itself out soon xx

Offline diamondwithaflaw

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 11:58:41 PM »
Just popping in out of the woodwork.. I'm sorry you are going through tests and such an immensely worrying time. I am so glad that things finally turned around and life brought you much deserved happiness. I don't visit here too often now but, I will pop in again soon as I very much hope that life will again bring happiness and worry free times ahead dwaf

Offline icklechick

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 07:05:15 AM »
The NHS can be so frustrating....

I had a 24hr ECG monitor. It showed up enough worrying things for the GP to phone up cardiology to speed up my outpatient appointment, changing it to urgent.

I still didn't hear anything. Went back to GP who again said she'd chase it up

Monday, I ring cardiology myself. Apparently I'm still just "on the list" and cardiology is very busy. The GP should have faxed an expedite firm through to change it to urgent and she didn't.

So I phone GP and she sends an expedited form in.

Apparently, my pulse ranges from 55-168 (and I wasn't doing anything strenuous), and my QT interval is long.

Thinking of going private just to get some answers.
"A dog is the only thing on earth

That loves you more than he loves himself.."

Offline Scribbles

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2015, 10:29:10 AM »
That's not good enough - and in my experience (physical health) you need to really chase up the NHS to get things done, or they will just forget about you. It shouldn't be the case but I've heard many people saying that you have to speak up. So do keep chasing them, get your GP to chase them, speak to PALS, lodge a complaint via NHS England.

Private may not be a bad idea - you could pay to get the tests and diagnostics done, then go to the NHS for treatment, as long as they accept a private Doctor's consultation letters.

Offline icklechick

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 01:26:45 AM »
3 weeks later I'm still chasing..... But finally getting somewhere.

GP increased my beta blockers and saw me again a week later. My resting pulse was over 100 which she said was "unbelievable" on the dose of beta blockers I'm on.

So she rings the on call cardiologist there and then to ask for advice. The registrar on call said he'd need to speak to consultant and he'd ring her back. He didn't.

GP phoned again the next day (after ringing me to check I hadn't heard anything) and the consultant said he'd see me in the clinic in the next few days.

Got to Friday and I hadn't heard anything. I ring cardiology again, my appointment is down for 25th (tomorrow...2 weeks after the "next few days" I was promised.

GP is fuming.
"A dog is the only thing on earth

That loves you more than he loves himself.."

Offline Scribbles

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 07:41:10 PM »
Hi - have you heard anything further?

Offline so sad

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 11:52:56 AM »
Hi Ickle

I remember you from all those years ago. Congratulations on how well you've done - you are a true inspiration, thank you.

How are you gettting on with the cardiology appointment? I can't believe how inefficient the NHS can be at times.

Please let us know how you're getting on.

SS xx

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 12:25:31 AM »
Hey stranger  ::P:

I'm also popping in out of the blue.

I'm aware that this thread was started a while ago now, but i'm wondering how you are getting on? xxx
"No, I regret nothing, all I regret is having been born, dying is such a long tiresome business I always found."