Author Topic: Starting a blog  (Read 3848 times)

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
Starting a blog
« on: July 14, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
I've been reading a few blogs recently from people who suffer from BPD... I've been finding them really inspiring, they're so cleverly written and make me feel so much better after I've read them, like Someone understands? Which I rarely feel..

I would really like to try writing my own... But I'm not much of a writer and also not very technical on the internet and have no idea where to start? I also don't want to open myself up to abuse online... I've always felt very safe writing on here because everyone's so nice but I know lots of people on the internet aren't as genuine...

Does anyone have any experience of starting a blog? Know where to start? Or what to expect?

Thanks
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
Re: Starting a blog
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:41:01 PM »
Some members use this room which isn't visible to non members http://www.nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=66.0
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:57:25 PM »
Thanx both, rob I wanted to make it as informative as possible with links to things I've found useful etc and sort of make it my own, but i could use that room to see what people think, I've posted one ramble in there already ..

I will check out those suggestions lea591 .. That's a good start, thanx

Tbh I think I'm not good enough at writing to make it like the ones I've read but who knows practise makes perfect  ::)
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 01:48:02 PM »
I disagree, sorry.

I've seen the poems you write. I think you're very good at writing Jewel.

Putting things into words that I've often felt but not known how to communicate before.

You have a talent with it.

Can brother-in-law help with the technical side maybe? Xx

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 03:23:57 PM »
Aww thanx lily x x

And thanx lea... I haven't looked at those sites yet but might do it this evening x