Author Topic: Depot injection question  (Read 5442 times)

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
Depot injection question
« on: February 01, 2014, 04:00:05 PM »
Hey,

I had my monthly depot injection on Weds and since then I've had shooting pains down my right side. I'm wondering if the needle hit a nerve. Does anyone know if that is possible? I've never experienced this with my depot before (been having one for 2yrs or so now).

Pain isn't constant, but is horrid and makes me feel nauseous.  :(
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
Re: Depot injection question
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 04:04:23 PM »
I've never had a depot. But I have a friend who's been on one for a long time. She's had them hit a nerve before, which caused her quite a lot of pain. I remember her saying that it calmed down and eventually stopped with time. She asked the nurse about it and she said it was a surprise that it didn't happen to her more often! Might be with mentioning though, just to put your mind at rest. :hug2:
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 04:14:20 PM »
Thank you Terri. I was wondering if I was being a hypochondriac, but this definitely feels like nerve pain. Every time the pain shoots down my leg I feel sick. Will ring the nurse on Monday xx
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 06:15:00 PM »
You poor thing,

I have had depot injection for about two or three years now and Ive never had them hit a nerve but I am sure it can happen.

Hash