Author Topic: Interview tips...  (Read 8848 times)

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
Interview tips...
« on: January 27, 2012, 06:50:09 PM »
I've got an interview tomorrow for a lettings administrator... so scared!! wondered if anyone had any tips they could give me!!

I don't have much experience in terms of estate agency work (well none) so not sure how i managed to get this interview, but the job sounds really good and it's only 16-20hours per week which is perfect for me at the moment.. I really want it!!

any help would be much appreciated  :cake: :cake: :cake:
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline diamondwithaflaw

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Interview tips...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:03:11 PM »
I would have suggested calling them as a potential tenant to check out their technique/style of working. However, given your interview is tomorrow I suggest checking out their website, pick up on details about their agency, and there should be ideas on how the lettings market works in their area just to give you some background knowledge. Hope that makes some sense..good luck, hope it goes well.

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 08:08:36 PM »
thanks i have checked out their website... there's not much on there to be honest, but have a general understanding of what they are going for... I'm not going to sleep tonight I know it! this is my first interview for a long time!! And i have nothing to wear!! .. arrgghhhhh!!!
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline chocolateorange

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 08:26:15 PM »
Have you googled possible interview questions for the organisation? Some groups have set questions and you can generally find them on the Internet from people who have had interviews there before. That's how I got my last job anyway! You obviously have something that they are interested in, so be yourself and you will be fine :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is facing a hard battle ~ Plato

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 08:36:56 PM »
Just wanted to wish you good luck. I assume they already know your level of experience from your application, so you are in with a good chance of getting the job. Enthusiasm and commitment can be more important than experience, you won't have developed any 'bad habits', and they can teach you how to do things the way they want them doing. Good luck!
 :hug1: xx
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 10:51:09 AM »
i'm so scared i don't even know if i'm going to make it to the interview ::-\:  starting to panic aarrghhh..

Offline snowgirl

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 10:55:52 AM »
Don't panic, you'll be fine.

I've interviewed quite a few people, and experience isn't everything - just be yourself, and show some interest and passion for the role - these are more valued than experience, as these things can't be taught - experience can be learnt, but your personality and passion is all yours, so that counts for an awful lot.

And they will expect you to be nervous, don't worry. In fact, they will be nervous too - when I was interviewing, I was more nervous than some of the candidates!!

Good luck   :hug1: :hug1:

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 10:58:54 AM »
thanks trying to rationalise it in my head... it's just an interview, they happen all the time...

i've got ready abit early so now i've got to just sit around and wait till i can leave! another hour! i've just taken some prn.. think it might start to be kicking in now!!

Offline snowgirl

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 11:02:24 AM »
of course it is, and of course they do!! There won't be anything scary, it'll be fine.

I can guarantee they won't ask you to do the cancan across the office, or tightrope walk to the next building (damn health and safety!!  :;): )

Why don't you go and make a cup of tea, or read - something to distract you from thinking about it? I've gotta go now, but good luck  - not that you need it! - and remember, you'll be fine, what will be will be.

And check back in later to let us know how you got on!!

:hug1: :hug1:

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 01:44:28 PM »
well i went...  :yahooo: :yahooo: that's a big achievement for me... nearly chickened out at the last minute but managed to get through the door...

it went well i think, they still have more people to see though so just have to wait for a phonecall now!

thanx for your support xxx