Author Topic: UNI, nursing, scars, ten days left! SH trig  (Read 3869 times)

Offline belljar

• 18+
  • Usually here
UNI, nursing, scars, ten days left! SH trig
« on: August 27, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »
So recently my sh has got pretty bad and have a number of really obv scars and new ish cuts. I have ten days till I have a class that will require me to be bare below the elbow and about 3 weeks before placement where I will have to be sleeveless all the time. Can I stop and give my arms healing time till then ? Can I stop hurting my arms  full stop because I won't be able to be bare arms in hospital with new cuts. If I can stop what will I do about covering them. Before it wasn't such an issue, since last placement though it's got way out of hand. Has anyone come into contact with special cover up makeup ? Can it be prescribed ? I dont even really want to carry on with the course (I don't think)

Offline Jellybeans

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Princess
Re: UNI, nursing, scars, ten days left! SH trig
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:29:39 AM »
Not sure about make up - think theres some threads on here about covering scars.

If you have to SH between now and Uni (obviously safely - not promoting sh here!) could you move to a different body part which isnt visable in your uniform?
:superman:

Offline belljar

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 12:32:32 AM »
I will try but I don't always think much about it. I'm more concerned about the too late to make it better situation re; arms... I'll see if I can find anything about that special make up. I know you can get it, just dunno where, how much, how it goes on etc. thank you . Hope your well x

Offline hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:04:28 PM »
I have some camouflage make-up that I got on prescription after being referred to the red cross by my GP. I don't know whether you can get a prescription without going to red cross (I was waiting for months for my appointment). Your gp might know where you can get some though.

You can probably get it online, but it's hard to get the exact colour match for you skin without testing it.

Or have you tried just normal concealer?

One bit of warning I will give you if you have scars nearyour wrist I'd that even with waterproof things it does wear off with the amount of hanging that has to happen/rubbing it gets from uniform and linen.

Hope things work out
*I lock away the pain and put away my fears, show you only my smiles and not my hidden tears *

*I like walking in the rain because no one knows Im crying*

Behind the mask....a silent scream....a hidden tear