Author Topic: Understanding the cognitive processes behind self-harm  (Read 6973 times)

Offline r.rodrigues

• Researcher
  • First posts
Understanding the cognitive processes behind self-harm
« on: November 14, 2019, 01:02:08 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm Rachel, a PhD student at Imperial College London working on the iMAGine study. This study investigates the cognitive processes underlying self-harm as we want to gain a better understanding of why some people might find it difficult to stop. If we know more about the psychological mechanisms that contribute to someone repeating self-harm we can use these findings to develop better interventions.

We're currently recruiting people to take part in this study, and specifically we're looking for people aged 16-25 based in London with:

- experience of self-harm within the past year, and/or
- current depression/anxiety, or
- no experience of mental health difficulties

Participation will involve completing an online questionnaire and telephone call to assess suitability for the study, and then a visit to Hammersmith Hospital (White City, London) where you will complete some questionnaires and tasks on the computer (this visit should take roughly 3 hours). You will be reimbursed with a £50 retail voucher and can also win up to £10 in vouchers in one of the computer tasks.

If you're interested and would like to find out more or sign up you can do this by visiting www.imaginestudy.org/can-i-take-part/
Or feel free to email me at [email protected] and I can answer any questions you might have!

Thank you very much!  :)

Rachel

:icon_arrow:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 04:26:34 PM by Rob »