Author Topic: hiding scars and copeing stratergies  (Read 5363 times)

Offline Quiet Holly

• First posts
hiding scars and copeing stratergies
« on: May 22, 2013, 09:43:48 PM »
Hey,
I don't really have any copying strategies that work. The therapist i speak to has given me some ideas and leaflet. I have tried most and none are effective from preventing me *sh. I was wondering if anyone found any particular strategies useful.
Also whats the best way to hide visible scars? At weekend job, it's getting to warm to wear the work fleece. And i worried about about showing my arms. My employers don't know. And i don't think the customers would like to see it. Any ideas on a way to cover it
any advice would be grateful

Offline katj

• 18+
  • Gold Member
Re: hiding scars and copeing stratergies
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:12:54 PM »
Ive got one arm that the most visible scars are on and if i have to do short sleeves i put a tubigrip on & just say ive hurt my elbow if anyone asked!!!

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 12:14:49 AM »
does your uniform include a long sleeved top at all?

most places now have an alternative for people that do not wish to show their body for religious or cultural reasons, you should be allowed to wear this if you want to.

some places sell very thin long sleeves M&S is usually a good bet for things like that. But it does take some hunting.

it might be worth trying the cover up stuff - i think its done by changing faces now.

there is information on distractions that is compiled from suggestions from people here available on the main site.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline Quiet Holly

• First posts
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 12:26:09 AM »
Thankyou! I will try the tubigrip. At work they do have some long sleave tops but none that fit me. I have asked them to order new tops for me. But none have arrived yet :/
thankyou