Author Topic: Medallions. *may trig*  (Read 5304 times)

Offline DawnArcher

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Nil Desperandum
Medallions. *may trig*
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:19:35 AM »
I have had an idea that would help me on wobbly days. People who go to A.A meetings get medallions for milestones on their journey out of alcoholism.

I would really like it if I could a one year medallion for being SH free. It would help me to be able to carry a medallion with me to remind me that I have been SH free for a year and more and would me to fight the urges I still get.

I think this is going to be a lifelong battle for me and I would be encouraged by having a medallion with me. I also think it would help others. (correct me if I'm wrong.)

I hope this is the right place for this.
Last cut: 22/11/2013
Last SH: 22/11/2013.

Nighty night oh novely one. :hug2:

Offline ouija

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
  • ♀ Be Strong
Re: Medallions. *may trig*
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:37:31 PM »
I think that's a really good idea too.
As a physical and tangible reminder of how strong they can be. And something to show for their hard work :)

Offline howling

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 03:56:09 PM »
 :1027: theres a little pot of gold.......MEDALLIONS!!!! at the end of this rainbow for you! one for everyday you have not sh!!! xxxxx
" You cannot do a kindness too soon,for you never know how soon it will be too late."

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 05:45:33 PM »
Wow i was thinking this the other day!! But can we have one for every month in the first year and then yearly after that cause right now i desperately trying to make it to 1 year which i have never done before. Maybe NSHN could design some and sell them on ebay to raise money for the charity and we could all be proud of our achievements and raise money ;D I will hit a year in Feb NSHN so you better do it quick  :thumbsup:
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12