Author Topic: Perception of Self in self-harm: Research!!  (Read 10767 times)

Offline Faye

• Researcher
  • First posts
Perception of Self in self-harm: Research!!
« on: April 26, 2017, 06:18:20 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Firstly, I would like to thank you all for opening this post and reading further. Basically, my name is Faye and I’m currently studying a MSc Psychology course at Nottingham Trent University! I need your help with my research project, its’ based on perception of self in those who self-harm.

It’s a pretty simple study, I just need quite a bit of your time and a lot of detail. So if any of you are interested I will email you four sets of questions, which are all about you guys! Please do not worry, it’s just a 1 to 1 basis with myself and no one will have access to my email account. You are free to withdraw at any time, as of course this is a rather sensitive topic and may cause emotional responses. Your answers will be used in the final write up for the study but you will be given a false name so no-one will be able to identify you.

If you have any questions or would like to take part please reply to this post or PM me, and I’ll provide you with further contact details.

Thanks for reading,

Faye

Offline Faye

• Researcher
  • First posts
Re: Perception of Self in self-harm: Research!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 09:14:57 PM »
 :sheepjump:

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 04:33:08 PM »
Apparently in all the years i have used this site i never worked out how to send a pm  :blushing1: anyway i can help if you like but have been sh free a fair while dows that matter?
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline Tired Soul

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 10:19:19 PM »
Hey Tigger, a little bit below the persons name that you want to pm (on the left of the post) there is something that looks like a very small speech bubble, if you hover the mouse over it it says 'personal message', you just click on that and it takes you directly into a pm message. Hope that helps x
Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you.

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 12:20:38 AM »
Thankyou  :) I have no wifi where i live currently so using the site from my phone which makes it a little trickier  :whistle:
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 09:54:20 AM »
Thankyou  :) I have no wifi where i live currently so using the site from my phone which makes it a little trickier  :whistle:
BTW there is a little 'wap2' word at the bottom of every page, and if you click on that, you'll get the site in text form (which helps some mobile users). You can always return to normal view if it doesn't help.  :)
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258

Offline Faye

• Researcher
  • First posts
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 09:18:52 PM »
I only need a couple more participants so if anyone is interested please message me or email me on [email protected]

Thanks!

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 04:42:59 PM »
 :bump:
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258

Offline Meheteric

• First posts
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 09:12:31 PM »
Hey do you still need participants?

Offline Faye

• Researcher
  • First posts
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 09:43:35 AM »
Good morning everyone!
I hope everyone is enjoying this sweltering heat!!!!
Just to let you all know i only need about 2 more participants and i'm struggling to get you guys to participate!!! Obviously the more i can get the better so a minimum of 2 would be amazing. Your stories and experiences would be really appreciated and would provide a greater understanding of how you guys and girls see yourselves.

Thanks,

Faye