Author Topic: Feedback to ED woman - advice needed please  (Read 14016 times)

Offline mirrhi

• 18+
  • Usually here
Feedback to ED woman - advice needed please
« on: April 28, 2012, 04:54:18 PM »
I'm not sure if this the right place for this so feel free to move if wanted mods  :rose:

I've been sent an evaluation form to fill out about the email support I've had from ED woman, which was overall really good and I've really appreciated it.  It was the only support I was getting and because she has experience of depression and ED herself she often seemed to get what I meant even when I didn't myself. 

But.  It asks what I found most difficult about the service, and I want to say something about how it finished.  To be honest I want to be all mardy and horrible and 'poor me' about it, the fact that it stopped so abruptly with no offer of an alternative, which left me in a total state (as you may have seen in my other post  :blushing: )  But then I feel like I'm just being a petty, needy witch, and there's no way I could actually send it.

I do think it was handled badly.  ED woman 'D' went off sick, which they told me about, saying she'd be off for 3 weeks and did I want someone else to email in the interim which I declined cos I find it rreally hard to open up to someone new and I'd got to know and trust her.  She was then off for 5 weeks and on return sent a brief email saying:
'I am now well and truly settled back at work - it's odd how it soon feels as though you were never off!  My work load has now changed so I am not able to offer email support any longer.  I have really enjoyed working with you and wish you all the best for the future'

Then I receive the evaluation form, entitled 'Exit form', no checking that I'm ok wth that, whether I would like anyone else, any support of another knd, just a feeling of goodbye.  It's left me feeling abandonded by them, when I felt like they were someone I could rely on.  I don't know if I want someone else, the idea of anyone new is scary, and I don;t feel like I'm 'ill' enough, that they'd just think I was an annoying waste of time.

So do I say anything on the form?  I don't want to seem like I'm having a go at them, and at 'D' in particular as I totally understand if giving that support isn't something she can do right now.

I don't know.  I just feel very alone with ED stuff right now  :'(
I guess it's funnier from where you're standing, Cause from over here I missed the joke
Clear the way for my crash landing, I've done it again, another number for your notes
I'll be your clown, behind the glass
Go 'head and laugh, cause it's funny
I would too if I saw me...

Offline justine

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Feedback to ED woman - advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 05:58:57 PM »
hi again

I think there is a very fine line here between the way they treated you and being self pittying. In truth you may be a little bit right about being self pitting, BUT only a little, and also right about the way they treated you. So perhaps its not good to write it all went ok, or that it went awful. Maybe something in the middle?

What would you right if it was your friend/family member being treated in the way that you were? Don't forget, they use this feedbackl to improve the service for others, so if you think about it carefully, and write down what they did badly, that could be improved in the future, then that would be a good idea.
If you feel like life is a dark, worthless place, please know that you have just fallen down a hole and that impossible as it seems, you can climb out again, and see that life is really a beautiful place to be

http://www.nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=74073.msg1702918#new

Offline mirrhi

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 12:13:25 AM »
Middle would be where I'm aiming if I do say anything, as I said there is NO way I could send anything saying any of the stupid petty needy self pitying stuff.  I'm far too ashamed and hate that I even think any of it, was just splurging.  Sorry

All I've come up with so far is this-
What have you found most difficult about the email support and what impact has it made on your life?
The ending.  I wasn't expecting it and although I had declined an alternative whilst D was off sick I felt as if there was no option when she was no longer able to offer the service on her return.  I had felt reassured once I got to know D a bit and knew she would not be judgemental and really seemed to understand.  It was comforting just to know I'd have that contact twice a week, but left me feeling alone when it unexpectedly ended.

I dunno.  It sounds cr*p.
I guess it's funnier from where you're standing, Cause from over here I missed the joke
Clear the way for my crash landing, I've done it again, another number for your notes

Offline justine

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:15:31 AM »
it sounds good to me. Your not petty and self pittying by the way, just feeling down about yourself and thinking that you are that way by the way x x
If you feel like life is a dark, worthless place, please know that you have just fallen down a hole and that impossible as it seems, you can climb out again, and see that life is really a beautiful place to be

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 12:23:52 AM »
I think that sounds good hun xx it really does NOT sound self pitying xx

Offline mirrhi

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 01:29:45 PM »
Just sent it.  Nothing I can do about it now  ::-\:

Bethy

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 02:35:35 PM »
Sounds totally justified to me and something that is worth flagging up for their future reference xx

Offline mirrhi

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 06:24:05 PM »
Thanks Bethy  :hug1:

Not head anything back, don't whether I'm relieved or not  ::-\:  Urgh Head will not stop, I missed lunch today cos of work and I can't help feeling really pleased that I did and didn't feel hungry, keep thinking that if I can do that most days it'll help.

Offline justine

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 08:48:03 PM »
it won't help sweetie x x

you need to make sure you eat lunch, even if you are busy, make sure you take some time to.

Offline mirrhi

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 07:46:08 AM »
Fella asked last night about weight, about how much I'd increased by since moving in with him. Saying it out loud I just cried and cried. Not sobbing, just those silent tears that would not stop pouring. Not sure who was more shocked, him or me  ::-\: