Author Topic: tricky subject *MT SA*  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Anne_Gwish

• 18+
  • Usually here
tricky subject *MT SA*
« on: February 09, 2012, 05:56:57 PM »
 :trig:
If there are terms that make me cringe and that hurt me, they are certainly any SA related words.
In our modern day society, SA has become a very common subject, often laughed and joked about or just talked about, mentioned in conversations, used as example of violence, etc.

Although what happened to me was almost four years ago, it still haunts me and I absolutely hate hearing/having to talk about SA.

But if I ask my lecturers (I study Journalism, it sometimes comes up as case studies, media coverage issues, etc.) or my friends to try and be cautious, wouldn't it be like saying "Hi, I was abused"? I don't want this kind of attention on me, I don't seek attention. Being called an attention seeker is only the slightest part of my problem. I just don't want to announce this to people. I don't want their pity, I don't want them to know.

I just don't know what to do...

*badger* Rodger from the lovely Blue_Human :13886:

never is just reven spelt backwards

Offline Reeta

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Faulty genes
Re: tricky subject *MT SA*
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:18:45 PM »
You might not want to hear it, but the grin and bear it approach is what you will have to do if you dont want to give up your course and social life and knowing the news.

Offline chocolateorange

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 08:01:45 PM »
Hiya,

I unfortunately don't have much to offer in this respect, as I am similar. On my course this semester we are studying 'that' so I have lectures and seminars on it, as well as exams/presentations. Not sure how I am going to be able to handle it. Just wanted to let you know that you are definitely not alone on this one. Especially with it being a common topic in conversation  ::-\: I hope other people may see this and give a better response than mine!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is facing a hard battle ~ Plato

Offline Anne_Gwish

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 08:24:51 PM »
Thank you, :) it does kind of comfort me knowing that I'm not alone although I don't wish this upon anyone.  :hug1:

*badger* Rodger from the lovely Blue_Human :13886:

never is just reven spelt backwards