Author Topic: Betterness  (Read 3798 times)

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
Betterness
« on: July 29, 2015, 04:17:53 PM »
So, this is a good post. I am really well, I still wobble but am ok. I can manage the wobbles with support on here and Mr skye and good old mindfulness. I have come off medication, I was on a very low dose which I'd informed my gp of but haven't seen her since coming off totally. I need my records updating and I need to thank her ... But I know she is so so busy, is it ok to do it in writing? I feel bad taking up an appointment that someone else needs. I'd like to see her, but I don't need to.
I know this is yet another stage if recovery. Now I'm well I know how I'll I was. It scares me, this next stage, but I need to do it to move on.

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
Re: Betterness
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 07:06:19 PM »
Hey Skye. :hug1:

It's so nice to hear that you are so well. What a lovely thing to read. :)

I absolutely think it's OK to write to her to let her know about medication/updating records/to say thank you. At the same time, I think seeing a GP because you've come off of your medication and need you medical records updating is a legitimate thing to do, so I don't think seeing her would be too much to ask or be a bad thing.

It can be frightening looking back, hey? :hug2: You're doing so, so well. Moving on is scary, but you 100% can do it.
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline In My Head

• 18+
  • Gold Member
    • Eyes Wide Awake
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 10:45:17 PM »
Congrats on feeling better! I'm so glad to hear how well you are doing.  :hug2:

I think going to see your GP to update them on your medication situation, and that you've come off them and how you've been feeling is a normal reason to make an appointment. I would thoroughly advise it. Your health is just as important as anyone elses. You never know, you could write a letter and tell them, and then they could write back and ask you to come in and see them.

If possible, does your GP do telephone assessments? My old GP used to just catch up with me on the phone once a month or every two weeks to check how I was doing. It was easier as it meant I didn't have to go all the way down there for what could be 1-2 mins of chat. Is there a way you could do that instead?

No matter what happens, you will always have a support network here. Moving on and letting go can be really frightening, but when you've done it you'll be so relieved. Congratulations on making it this far.
In my head, you're not.

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:59:16 PM »
Thank you both, I think I might go and see her. In a way it might be nice to have closure ... I worry about wasting her time but you're right, it's a medication issue and I have every right to go and see her! Tiny part of me is nervous she might not be happy but I can deal with that by talking openly about where I'm at. It ll be fine. Ill let you know how it goes 😊 x