Author Topic: First time seeing gp  (Read 6569 times)

Offline purple_pixie

• First posts
First time seeing gp
« on: August 03, 2015, 09:24:46 PM »
I think I had a crisis today, ended up at my docs asking for an app whilst having a panic attack.  Got seen straight away unfortunately I had no idea how to word whats wrong so she booked me in for tomos morning when iv hopefully calmed down. Here's the problem,  I have no idea what to say to her. She said she may refer me to a psychiatrist to sort meds out because she doesn't know what to give me because im breastfeeding   ::-\:
I'll be just fine pretending I'm not
I'm far from lonely and it's all that I've got

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: First time seeing gp
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 07:29:48 PM »
How did it go today?
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline purple_pixie

• First posts
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 09:19:52 AM »
The app had to be rearranged because the doctor was off so im in tomoz morning.  Its given me time to figure out what i need to say, iv wrote it all down in a book. I think it will be easier to just read it to her without any eye contact...I wont feel so much judgement.
Its only when im actually on my way to the doctors I start panicking and worrying that im just wasting there time.

Offline purple_pixie

• First posts
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 01:31:33 PM »
UPDATE, saw gp and I don't think she was as prepared as she needed to be because I told some stuff about life growing up and I could see her holding back tears,  I told her I was scared of wasting anyone's time and she told me I definitely wasnt a time waster,  she said she sees a lot of time wasters so she can tell a genuine patient from a time waster. That made me feel better.  Shes set me up for weekly apps with her but warned me that she will be away for a few weeks soon but not to worry as she isnt abandoning me. and is doing a semi urgent referral to a psychiatrist for suitable meds. Feel a lil better just anxious to see what goes on with psychiatrist.

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 11:55:52 PM »
Hey. :hug2:

That sounds like a really positive appointment. I'm glad you're feeling a little better.

I hope the psychiatrist is able to come up with something helpful. There are lots of things to try. :)
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline purple_pixie

• First posts
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 11:41:49 PM »
Been referred to CMHT, what do they do?

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 11:58:01 PM »
CMHT will basically figure out what treatment is best for you. The first appointment will be with a psych nurse who will ask some questions about how you are feeling, if you have suffered abuse or trauma in the past, that sort of thing. They will then discuss treatment with you such as medication, therapy etc. They'll also give you a number to call if you're in crisis. That's my experience- hope it helps.  :)
Rabbits are better than people