Author Topic: Diazepam - any alternatives I could ask for? *might trig*  (Read 5258 times)

Offline snowgirl

• 18+
  • Usually here
Diazepam - any alternatives I could ask for? *might trig*
« on: January 03, 2012, 12:12:17 AM »
I was prescribed diazepam as a 'when required' med to help me sleep, but when I took it (prescribed dose), I completely don't remember anything that I did afterwards.

Having pieced it together from texts to a friend, and bits and pieces around the house - I appear to have taken a lot more diazepam and my normal AD's (quite low dosage tabs), sh'd a lot, and ended up on the roof of my building.

Obviously this has freaked me out quite a bit especially as I don't remember doing any of it, and don't want any more diazepam, but I do need something to help me sleep - am averaging about 1 - 2 hours a night, fitful and not helpful. This is contributing to me sinking lower and lower.

I do need something to help me sleep, but I don't quite know how/what to ask for, esp. since they are aware of my recent activity, and are understandably nervous to prescribe.

Have a MH appointment tomorrow, and GP later this week, so any adive anyone has would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you

Offline findingmyway

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Diazepam - any alternatives I could ask for? *might trig*
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 01:15:39 PM »
There are lots of alternatives. Zolpidem and zopiclone seem to be popular options. I guess it depends why you're not sleeping?

My sleep issues come from anxiety mainly so take a combination of 2 anxiety meds (ontop of my AP) to help me sleep.
Thank you all so much for your support, I really appreciate it.
Please, all keep as safe as you can.

I will be thinking of you xxxxx :hug1: :hug

Offline caspers smudj

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • dont follow me, im lost too!!!
    • reaching out together
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »
i tries zopiclone and had a bad reaction to them
visit is at
https://www.reachingouttogether.proboards.com/
all visitors will be welcomed!!

Offline Faded~Lady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 01:30:13 PM »
I take zolpidem its good.  Melantonin is a good one too.
Only those who dare, truly live.
- Ruth P. Freedman

Offline Bea

• NSHN Moderator
  • Usually here
  • No day But Today.
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 01:30:23 PM »
Only your health professional can make recommendations about specific medications.  As you have an appointment tomorrow, I would suggest that you discuss this with your professional.  If you think you have at some point taken more than your prescribed dose of meds, you must get checked out, as a matter of urgency.  

This thread will now be locked as per the forum rules.  
*jingly turtle*  
Lady Giraffe
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.