Author Topic: Police confidentiality shizzle  (Read 6052 times)

Offline Savannah

• 18+
  • Always here
Police confidentiality shizzle
« on: December 01, 2011, 11:14:12 AM »
If you're an adult and although convinced you're somebody else yet state you don't want anybody told where you are, are the police allowed to go digging and tell your mother what happened and exactly where you are (which general hospital) and then tell your neighbour what happened n where you are (roughly)?? I thought once you were over 18 they had to go by confidentiality shizzle n couldn't tell anyone without your permission. Thanks to them telling everyone where I was I got really scared n walk out of hospital before my CT scan coz I didn't want to be found by anyone. I'm proper angry n pissed off that the cops did this!
Last SH - 15/05/10
Last OD - 21/02/10
Last Sui - 04/05/10

Skye

Re: Police confidentiality shizzle
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 12:50:39 PM »
Sounds like a very difficult situation, must have been very scary not quite knowing who you were, has this ever happened before, Im assuming its you who has gone through this? Its very concerning that you were not able to have your CT scan, are you able to rearrange it?

Offline Savannah

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 01:21:06 PM »
It was real freaky. I knew exactly who I was, where I lived n worked...except it wasn't me. The cops phoned the hospital n asked me if I was SN n had a kid. I said I'd never heard of SN n didn't have kids coz I hate them. I later found out I was SN and have got a kid which really freaked me out. I have no recollection of getting up on Monday let alone knowing how I got 80 miles away up a mountain. The last thing i remember was eating rolls on Sat then the next thing I remember was being on a scoop on entonox with the MRT taking photos n me talking crap (Monday PM). I was then taken to a hospital 100 miles away from home (no idea where Stockport was). The cops had told mum where I was n which hospital so the next day mum phoned the hospital which proper freaked me out coz then she and them knew where I was so despite feeling terrible I had to leave before they came n took me away. I then phoned the last number dialed on my phone (my friend) coz I had no idea where I was or what to do n she talked me through every little step to get me home. Coz I had no money n couldn't remember my pin for my card I came back to get money n was just about to leave for the next train outta here when the cops started bashing at my door. That terrified me even more so I grabbed my stuff n legged it...soon to be caught n dragged down the nick on a 136. The FME saw me and said that he thinks the whole memory loss n voices etc was down to the seizures n I needed to be checked out. I was taken to AnE who basically said I was fine n that it wasn't concussion coz it had been 36 hours since I hit my head even though I was feeling extremely sick and dizzy, had a pounding headache, lost parts of memory n the doc at the other hospital said I needed a CT scan. I was then discharged n brought home.
The whole thing has completely freaked me out coz I've never lost whole chunks of memory like that before and been utterly convinced I'm someone I'm not. Everything that happened made me more n more freaked out n confused. I've still got a banging headache n feel very dizzy n sick but also keep getting random flashbacks of being in a forest n terrified of trees n generally talking crap (I'm guessing from when I was on entonox) but still can't remember anything from before then. I'm confused n it's stressing me out.
I'm so mad that the cops told people where I was. Surely as an adult the most they could do was say they'd found me n that I was safe, not give them my exact location!
Last SH - 15/05/10
Last OD - 21/02/10
Last Sui - 04/05/10

Offline darwin

• 18+
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 02:47:08 PM »
I think the police have a duty of care to report that you were alive and well hun, especially as it was an awkward and potentially litigable situation for them if they hadn't told your mom, especially as you were so disorientated.

I shouldn't worry about that now but make sure that you get the tests you need so it won't happen again. You need to have the causes for this treated, not the symptoms - very much highly regarded by many doctors!And stay away from forests - I hear Little Red Riding Hood had some sh** there once.
x
No one is perfect. And if someone were, I'm sure they'd hate it.

Offline Savannah

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 03:07:29 PM »
Hehe. The bit about lil red riding hood made me giggle.
The advice for my symptoms...keep taking anti sickness meds. Yeah cheers for that. They ain't helping!! Seeing my GP tomorrow but he'll just give me yet more meds. I don't want c******ls (well except entonox coz that's awesome stuff!)
I don't get what's going on...I've been absolutely fine n doing great for 18 months, I haven't had seizures since March (except the 2 in Sept when I messed up my meds). Why would I randomly be convinced I was someone totally different n lived over 600 miles away (even had address including post code)? More to the point how did they find out who I really was from a false name n address? Why would I then randomly be terrified of everything especially of trees and being found. Apart from the physical symptoms and complete loss of parts of my memory I think I'm fine. Ok so last Thursday I did shed a few tears (I never cry or have/express emotions) so that surprised me but I think it was just sheer tiredness and frustration because of my arm n not being able to do the card. On the plus side my cast *should* be off in 15 days!
Last SH - 15/05/10
Last OD - 21/02/10
Last Sui - 04/05/10

Offline Savannah

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 02:57:38 PM »
Just got back from the docs n told him what had happened n he said it's prob a mixture of concussion, secondary concussion and being postictal. Still no idea why I was in Derbyshire before the seizure though. Got more anti sickness/dizziness meds n he said it *should* start to go soon...hopefully! Hope so coz I'm fed up of feeling like pure crap!
Last SH - 15/05/10
Last OD - 21/02/10
Last Sui - 04/05/10

Skye

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »
Your gp must be very worried to hear that you are suffering from such severe memory loss, I'm surprised he hasn't had you admired for complex tests as well as the ct scan you weren't able to have.

Offline Savannah

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 04:08:04 PM »
Yeah he was a bit n said to keep an eye on it n to go back if I need to. I guess if it was bad then I'd be really ill n in hospital...luckily I'm not which is a big bonus! Although I still can't remember huge chunks at least I know who I am which I guess is good.
I'm also starting to feel a little hungry albeit still sick
Last SH - 15/05/10
Last OD - 21/02/10
Last Sui - 04/05/10

Offline Savannah

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 05:48:09 PM »
Been going down hill all week to the stage where I was being very sick then barely conscious/rousable at the weekend so mum took me to hospital. Got checked out n had a load of drips pumped into me. Good news is that I'm now feeling much better n all the confusion/lack of memory was caused by a mixture of concussion, secondary concussion and seizures. Still feeling ill physically but much better n now staying awake for more than a few mins. Good job mum came n found me. I should have had the CT on Tues n they missed it on Tues coz I don't bruise/swell easily hence the lack of anything much on my head....was the same when I hurt my wrist. Oh well on the mend now so that's the main thing.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:55:01 PM by faith.clarke »
Last SH - 15/05/10
Last OD - 21/02/10
Last Sui - 04/05/10