Author Topic: Struggling to Keep 'on top' of life! -Support Required! :-)  (Read 9428 times)

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
Struggling to Keep 'on top' of life! -Support Required! :-)
« on: March 16, 2013, 04:10:40 PM »
This is me having a whine... just to warn you!

I've got quite a bit going on atm, and im struggling to keep focused and keep on top of things. I so desperatly want to be productive, successfull etc and i get so angry with myself when I let myself down.

I've just realised that i have two really important pieces of work due in on Friday 22nd and I havn't started either :-( This is my own fault 100%. I'm so angry with myself for letting this happen!

I just kind of felt that i really needed somewhere to vent, and talk about this because it's difficult to find other people who understand!!

I intend to work really hard and get on top of everything but I need somewhere to come and off-load every known again and also i'm in need of much encouragement and  motivation! So I hope you don't mind but i've decided to use this thread to keep track of my progress! Any comments or support would be VERY much apprecited, as it can get so lonely working away alone!

Also if anyone else is in the same boat and is struggling to get tasks done, whatever they may be, feel free to join the thread and post away!! We can all encourage and help each other!
"No, I regret nothing, all I regret is having been born, dying is such a long tiresome business I always found."

Offline Je7

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Struggling to Keep 'on top' of life! -Support Required! :-)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 04:15:07 PM »
Hey! It's good to post about stuff like this if its on your mind. You've got a while until it needs to be in. Have you maybe broken it down into sections so it seems more manageable?

I've got a big essay that was due in on Friday! I should really be doing it now but I keep finding distractions!
Hugs x

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 05:23:17 PM »
Thanks so much for your reply hun  :hug2: :hug2: it's really appreciated!  :)

I've forced myself to get started on one of the pieces, it's only 2000 words and doesn't look too difficult so i'm hoping to get that done over this weekend. So I can start the big essay on Monday.

I've only managed to write 150ish words so far though! lol :-/

I keep getting distracted by other things to, but i'm keeping a note pad and pen near by so if i thinnk of something, i can just write it down so i wont forget about it. Then i can deal with them when i'm not working!

I plan on trying to put in at least 5 hours work tonight. I've done one already, so just got to keep ploughing ahead!
"No, I regret nothing, all I regret is having been born, dying is such a long tiresome business I always found."

Bethy

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 06:34:07 PM »
I'm in the same position RG, so many deadlines! Aghh!

Does it help you to divide up the sections so it seems like a smaller workload? So rather than looking on it as 2000 words first focus only on the introduction: 250ish words, then focus only on your first point eg. 400ish words, etc.

best of luck, keep going! :hug1:

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 07:08:02 PM »
Best of luck RG. I had a uni presentation today, so glad the stress of that is over. I'm lucky, my next two essays aren't due til May, but I really feel your stress. You can do this hun! Just do small chunks little and often to make it feel less overwhelming maybe?

Xx
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 09:16:29 PM »
Thank you guys so much for the lovely kind replies!!  :hug1: :) you are all wonderful!!

Yeah, I think your right, breaking it down into smaller chunks is a great way to get started on things. When you look at it as a whol big project it just seems so overwhelming it's hard to even know where to start, but if you can start to divide it up a little, it starts to seem much more manageable.

I've done two hours work, and just had a break for some food and a cup of tea to refresh myself! So i'm ready to get started again. I've just started working on the 'main body' of my report, so it's the biggest section I need to write, so feeling a bit daunted. But I think i'll just try to take it point by point, maybe i'll write down a list of bullet points ; things i need to say, then try and build a structure around them?

How is the work going for you guys? xxx

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 03:17:34 PM »
Okay so it's day two of 'sort my life out'. My goal for today is to put in 8 hours of work, and hopefully finish the first shorter assignment.
Ive had a long lie in today and shower and breakfast so i'm all ready to get started!! I'm going to try and work in litte sessions of two hours then have a break. I'll report back regularly to let you know how it goes!!

Just having this thread to come and post in is so helpful! xxxx

Offline BA

• 018s Buddy
  • Usually here
  • Mission One
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 03:41:05 PM »
Hope things go OK for you.
Strength, courage and wisdom.

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 03:56:08 PM »
Thank you BA  :hug2:
xxxx

Offline riot-grrrl

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Live Through This
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 06:49:45 PM »
So far today i've managed to put in 2 hours 30 mins.
I've got 804 words out of 2000.

Got to keep plugging away...