Author Topic: SH ED MH Support, moving on etc  (Read 3742 times)

Offline mirrhi

• 18+
  • Usually here
SH ED MH Support, moving on etc
« on: November 11, 2020, 09:44:59 PM »
How do you do it? How do you move on? Or how do you actually verbalise a need for support?
Does the shame and guilt ever leave?
I'm not where I was 10 years ago, but I still feel utter shame and humiliation whenever I have to speak to any professionals
I guess it's funnier from where you're standing, Cause from over here I missed the joke
Clear the way for my crash landing, I've done it again, another number for your notes
I'll be your clown, behind the glass
Go 'head and laugh, cause it's funny
I would too if I saw me...

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
Re: SH ED MH Support, moving on etc
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 11:10:25 PM »
Perhaps if you can work on your self esteem, some of those feelings of guilt/shame would lessen. Professionals are only the same as everyone else, with their own sets of struggles and problems which you might cope with better than them. If you believe that the people you're talking to are on the same level, it's easier to communicate.
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: SH ED MH Support, moving on etc
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 01:52:04 PM »
I struggle to verbalise a need for support or how I'm feeling about things which is why I often write things down and let them read it or I send my CC a letter if there's something that I need to discuss but won't have the courage to bring up myself. 

Rabbits are better than people