Author Topic: Quetiapine-does it get easier?  (Read 11114 times)

Offline Faded~Lady

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Quetiapine-does it get easier?
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 10:04:08 PM »
oh dear, thats no good then? i know you said she was retarded but can you push it with her. you cant go on like this if your unsure how to take them. or see if the doc will go above her. sorry just thoughts.

shes a nervous wreck runs off to the consultant every 5 minutes bless her.  Shes leaving soon so I get to start all over again with someone new :frying pan:
Only those who dare, truly live.
- Ruth P. Freedman

Offline howling

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 10:12:24 PM »
blimey sounds like she needs the help! i know its probably not ideal for you having to start again but sounds like you could do with somebody that might know what they are doing. anyway ive got to go to bed so i hope you manage some more sleep tonight. spk tomorrow hopefully. xxxx :1059:
" You cannot do a kindness too soon,for you never know how soon it will be too late."

Offline Faded~Lady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 10:21:43 PM »
me too I will end up smooching the laptop  ::)
- Ruth P. Freedman

Offline is_it_true

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 11:32:39 PM »
i had no idea quetiapine needed to be taken on empty stomach! i have bene taking for just over a year and for my morning dose i always take with food otherwise i will just crash and feel very tired. night time one i take houir before bed, but doesnt really stop me getting up,but i think i have taken it for so long now, it doesnt make me drowsey so many hours after taking it.

psych def sounds like shes no good for you!!!
new people suck, but can also be good for you. :hug1:

Offline Faded~Lady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 12:28:06 PM »
Got up for work ok have just felt tired and grumpy all day x
- Ruth P. Freedman

Offline howling

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 01:01:03 PM »
think your allowed off days so dont worry about it. hope the smooching went well last night with your laptop.  :1059: xxxx
" You cannot do a kindness too soon,for you never know how soon it will be too late."

Offline Faded~Lady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 10:12:05 PM »
 :blushing: i fall asleep face first in laptop a lot.  Pills haven't made me drowsy tonight :(
- Ruth P. Freedman

Offline Faded~Lady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 07:19:03 PM »
Its been 6 or 7 weeks now.  Although the nights have got easier the days are worse than ever.  Do I need to give it more time? Sui thoughts are getting really strong
- Ruth P. Freedman

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 07:43:05 PM »
I never got used to Quetiapine to be honest. It knocked me out too much and made living a 'normal' life impossible. I switched to Risperidone in the end (but I have that as a depot injection). The Risperidone made me sleepy at first, but I have no side effects at all now. My care team have put it on record not to give me Quetiapine again.
Xx
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer