Author Topic: *Some advice* may trig  (Read 4060 times)

Offline STOPPING

• 18+
  • Silver Member
*Some advice* may trig
« on: November 28, 2014, 03:47:26 PM »
basically i am now at a guess six months self harm free and i am having a little problem. My habit was stratching with my nails and for the last few months they have gotten long. I am feeling more confident about everything imn general and am unsure whether to let my nails stay as they are or cut them short alll the time.

By having long nails i tempt fate but by having long nails it is a sign of achievement. Any advice would be appreciated.

:help:  :help:  :help:  :help:  :help:  :help:

Offline behindthewall

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: *Some advice* may trig
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 05:41:16 PM »
Well done for 6 months SH free. That's wonderful and it is really good that you are feeling more confident. If your nails have been long for a couple of months it sounds like you have already demonstrated that you can resist the temptation. As for keeping them long it is difficult to advise. You know yourself better than anyone else does. It's probably a judgment call that may vary if you go through a stressful time. I wish you all the best and hope things continue well for you. X x

Offline STOPPING

• 18+
  • Silver Member
Re: *Some advice* may trig
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 07:17:47 PM »
thank you, i was surprised because i didnt notice and when i realised how long it had been was slightly surprised. i feel like i can now call myself a recovering selfharmer for the first time.

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl