Author Topic: Need new tool  (Read 5613 times)

Offline hayley

• 18+
  • Usually here
Need new tool
« on: October 22, 2012, 03:13:46 PM »
I really need new tool(s).  I haven't bought anything for months and my old one is not very effective at all.

I've resisted very well but I can't help thinking I'd have more success not cutting if I knew I have something which would do the job.  other times I think I should just persist with old one until it really is useless.

With or without tools I can control urges quite well and its only on rare occasions when distraction techniques don't work.

i am pleased with my management of sh - it isn't something I want to do and I really want to give it up.

Knowing you have something should it go wrong really does help - I'm sure many of you can relate to that.

So do I buy or use this as conscientious effort go give it up for good or is that asking too much?
Check out my blog! www.borderlineshavemoref un@wordpress.com

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Need new tool
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 04:12:51 PM »
Tough call. Only you will know how you will deal with it. I bought a large stock of 'tools' and keep them in a cupboard...they are there so I dont feel I need them as much, no frantic searches etc. They are clean so no probs there. 

But having them there means giving in is jot an effort. I wouldnt give up my stock pile but I think if I was to decide on buying them now...I wouldnt.

I hope that helps.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline hayley

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Need new tool
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »
Damn - gave in - only £1.90 in tesco - but a restricted product and I did self-serve
Check out my blog! www.borderlineshavemoref un@wordpress.com