Author Topic: Stitches on an old cut? Is this possible *may trigger  (Read 3486 times)

Offline belljar

• 18+
  • Usually here
Stitches on an old cut? Is this possible *may trigger
« on: April 06, 2013, 12:07:17 AM »
hi I have a wound, I think it perhaps needed stitched (wont go into detail) and I didn't get it done. It's now dry and scabbing over however it's rather large in size and I wish I had got it looked at and maybe it would scar less...is there anyway of changing this now? Or do I just have to suffer the consiquences? Is there a way of re opening it maybe and getting it stiched then? Any help much appretiated!

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Stitches on an old cut? Is this possible *may trigger
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 12:53:02 AM »
If its more than about 12 hrs old I dont think that they will stitch it.

They do have some really good dressings that can make it more comfy and heal better but I do think there is a window of time that they can stitch it for. Would you be able to call the out of hours gp or go to a walk in centre? Maybe they can arrange for a district nurse to dress it.

Im not really sure, either I have had stitches or ive left it too long on purpose. But you could be looking a long time. I seem to remember a particulaly long one I should have dealt with taking about a month to heal without stitches.

I dont think there is a way to clean it up to make stitches ok. But I wouldn't advise trying anything other than asking a pro.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”