Author Topic: music  (Read 5437 times)

Offline is_it_true

• 18+
  • Usually here
music
« on: March 29, 2014, 12:35:40 PM »
Ive never posted anywhere else other than crisis and here and now, so thought id open a post about peoples favourite music, when amd how its changed over time?

i love all sorts of music but alternative and rock at my heart.........Evanescenc e, linkin park, blink 182, Staind, korn, kings of leon, nirvana etc But i listen to hard dnace and electronic ans trance when i need to get my mood up or just to distract my head.

I really enjoy female vocals atm too.....florence amd the machine, lordd, london grammar, lana del ray

but the past 3 or 4 months ive reallY gotten into listening to Eminem,ive always hated rap. But listening to the words, looking into what his music means has really helped me relate.

So im a new Eminem fan, i feel such energy, anger and empathy in his words.

love tO Hear what other people like to listen to and theor relationship with music. Music gets me through,id be lost without it.

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: music
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 12:59:24 PM »
I love music too especially all the first ones you wrote about at the top I love.

I really like old Christina Aguilera, her Stripped album has made a massive difference to me and my life. Some of her songs are triggering for me and I will listen to them when I feel rubbish but there's also some uplifting songs. They helped me cope with the horrors at home and with being bullied at school.

I think music can have a massive impact on people. I listen to some every day.

My preference changes depending on my mood. If I'm happy I'll listen to dance and pop to make me bouncy, then if I'm annoyed maybe some metal.
Last SH: 05.01.2016
Last purge: 16.09.13
Last OD: 30.05.15

Well done Super Sian! :superman: x x

Offline is_it_true

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 08:08:51 PM »
Thanks for sharing sian
music is so important i feel

my music choice changes with my mood too and i like you know how to keep my mood by playing certain music.....so when im sad i can make myself suffer more  ::-\:

power of music

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 08:18:30 PM »
I have a habit of listening to sad/depressing/songs with meaning when I feel crappy just to make it worse for myself for a while. You can get it out of your system that way then move on, or try to.

I think music has a big influence on people.

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 08:43:00 PM »
I seem to love all types of music, I go from Kenny Rogers shania twain and Johnny cash, to eminem, dr dre, my c******l romance and rammstein... I even love classical piano music ,, and all types of pop, from Paloma faith Florence and the machine etc my iPod is the most random ever! It had les mis and sister act and all types of musicals on there... It just depends what mood I'm in... I would be lost without music ! X x
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 09:24:50 PM »
Shania Twain and Rammstein are awesome :)

Offline is_it_true

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 03:02:50 PM »
Its all about nirvana right now

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 11:52:22 AM »
My friend told me to listen to this the other day, can't get her voice out my head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhH24I4mSpk

Nirvana are cool, haven't listened to them in a while

Offline is_it_true

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 07:45:41 PM »
Yeh like the sound of her,
ive been on both youtube and googleplay....which both make recommendations from what you search and come across skylar gey whos messmirising, a song called danial by bat for lashes (i think), and a few amy lee individual songs.

then i found the ex guitarist from evanescence band...has formed new band who sound just like evanescence but obviously shes no amy lee! They called we are the fallen.

Offline is_it_true

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 08:37:50 PM »
Listening to muse The second law, survival just came on,really struck a note with howi feel.
fighting, going to win,going to survive.
in fact next tune Follow me is inspiring too,

wish the words to songs could actually be real....if that makes sense?