Author Topic: Anxiety depression and self harm  (Read 4671 times)

Offline Broken_angel30

• First posts
Anxiety depression and self harm
« on: May 08, 2020, 08:39:01 PM »
Hi, im new here. Came across site while looking for some kind of help. I suffer from anxiety and depression and  have done for 15yrs. I used to self harm. I did this from age 13 up until i was 22 (now 30) my dilema is ive been having CBT sessions (8 so far) this is bringing up a lot of hot topics which is triggering for me and i have self harmed a few times after sessions but this week has been the worst. Scratching isnt doing the job anymore and i need a bigger release but im so scared i will go to far but on the other hand i need something.i need to let go of all this tension,anger and pure disgust. Im so confused. Sorry to ramble on i just needed to tell someone.

Offline Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: Anxiety depression and self harm
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 08:52:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Counselling often brings up bad things for us but by working through it can be helpful long term. Sorry if my words are not making sense. If you want to discuss anything feel free to keep talking on here. Head over to the random thread in the rainbow Room if you want to just chat about off topic stuff for a distraction. Do you use many distractions?
now hand over the tea bags and we won't have any trouble.... :police:

Offline Broken_angel30

• First posts
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 09:03:07 PM »
Thank you for replying. I havent self harmed for.so long i dont have any distractions anymore if that makes sense? . I usually manage to keep busy during the day and push the thoughts aside but at night i have nothing :(. Thank you will go take a look see if i can keep myself busy for a little while.

Offline Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 09:16:30 PM »
Be nice to yourself. What do you like doing?

Offline Vermilion

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 09:39:14 PM »
There's a thread for distractions here :)

http://nshn.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=16069.0

Does your CBT therapist know that your struggling? I can guarantee you won't be the only one and he/she will know how to help.
Rabbits are better than people

Offline Broken_angel30

• First posts
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 09:29:59 AM »
Thabk you for replies last night. Unfortunitly i gave in to the urges  :( although im devestated ive also woke up much more relaxed and feel i can can face today easier than i have been. My therapist does know ive started to sh again but not as instense as it has been this past week. I will be letting her know next appointment. Im hoping this is just a quick relapse that will pass.

Offline Tucan

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 04:40:39 PM »
That does seem wise to keep her informed.