Author Topic: Self harm and you - your stories. Part 2 *posts may trigger*  (Read 139469 times)

Offline LGBTQIA+ User01

• First posts
Re: Self harm and you - your stories. Part 2 *posts may trigger*
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2021, 06:58:44 PM »
Defo :trig: so may as well point that out.  :smilie_blue:

Hi. I'm Bayden and I'm 14. I'm an agender asexual demi-panromantic pile of person :1027: (haha) and I use they/them pronouns. I started self-haring 5 months ago when the flashbacks to my primary school experiences really started to get the better of me . I'm not gonna name everything over here but if you'd really want me to, we can do so over email as I don't think they're monitored. What's happening now is also not helpful. They are:

• Gender dysphoria
  • Homophobia from random people
  • Transphobia from parents (intentional dead-naming and mis-gendering)
  • Flashbacks to primary school experiences and other crap (IDK if swearing is allowed here so Ima keep the language suitable)

I'm starting to worry about my mental pain so I wanted to turn it into physical because the mental pain isn't healable, but the physical is healable. I've started using various methods and mechanisms to hurt myself but I'm able to recover from the injury  :hide:. I'm getting sick of being alone here so I've come here.

Please talk to me as I'm also quite lonely.

Bayden

Offline onlybeescansavemenow

• First posts
Re: Self harm and you - your stories. Part 2 *posts may trigger*
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2021, 10:04:19 PM »
Dear You,

I think there is too much stigma and misunderstanding that surrounds SH.

A lot of people, including myself pre-cutting, never understand how a person could do this to themselves and that, the only possible explanation for it was that these people wanted to die so badly; they recreated pain in the closest way that they knew how.

Although this may be true for some people, I genuinely believe that there is a closer correlation between depression and SH than there is between suicide and SH.

From my own, and a few people I know‘s experience, it is just a means of distraction.

Initially, I was asked by my GP “What do you think could have triggered this?” And I never felt more ridiculous than when I told her “Well, my best friend is leaving and he’s the only family I have left.” What I meant by this was that, in order to forget that he was leaving and to stop the panic attacks from taking over cOmPleteLy, I just had to do it. It was just another thing to do. I don’t see it any differently than when I watch the same film, listen to the same songs, read the same books.

It isn’t a good hobby, but it’s a hobby that is partaken in daily - the same way everyone is watching TV and scrolling through TikTok.

Thanks for listening anyway,
Bee 🐝