Author Topic: insomnia.  (Read 5200 times)

Offline Hysteria

• 18+
  • Gold Member
insomnia.
« on: January 11, 2012, 04:30:24 AM »

How do you deal with it when it happens  , I  have been ok for the last two months but it has come back  :hissy:

I seem to get it when my boredom levels are high    , they have been extreamly high recently   it's sooooooooooooooooo frustrating  :sb:
Thread killer ¯\(°_o)/¯

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: insomnia.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 11:00:23 AM »
Poor you!   :hug2:

What type of phsyical activities do you do?
How did you stop it last time?
What distractions for your mind do you do? (to stave off the boredom)

Offline Hysteria

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 05:00:07 PM »

tbh I don't do much activity as I don't like going outside but I use the wii alot ,

Last time I had a bout it lasted for a few weeks , it tends to go away by it's self but it is sooooo frustrating when it happens especially when my meds are sedative based and I take them when i supposed too .

I have loads to do Distraction wise which is why I don't understand the extreme boredom levels I am getting at the moment
Thread killer ¯\(°_o)/¯

Offline Faded~Lady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 07:18:15 PM »
I suffer with insomnia severely.  The main thing is, don't lay in bed if you can't sleep.  I usually wrote or doodle or watch cartoons or something funny.  Don't put a film on or play anything that requires too much concentration, ot can make your mind too lively and you need to relax.  Try and avoid caffiene after 4/5pm and lastly, although I know its not easy try not to worry about not sleeping it makes it a lot worse  :hug1:   :hug1: :hug1:
Only those who dare, truly live.
- Ruth P. Freedman

Offline Faded~Lady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »
Or pros given you the same help sheet over and over as if you weren't already trying  :ranting:
Only those who dare, truly live.
- Ruth P. Freedman

Offline Hysteria

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 01:03:33 AM »

after my last bout of insominia  I got into a rountine of being in bed and asleep by nine pm  , changed my eating habits so I was not eating after 5pm   don't drink coffee or tea so no caffine , following all the advice the Pro's give out   ::)  and it was working infact my CC  even commented on how well I was looking lol .

my only big worry is about being transferred over from incap to ESA * shudders * as I know the ' medical ' is pathetic

been like this for two weeks now , did not sleep till about five this morning then i slept most of the day away  :hissy:    I really don't want to fall back into old routines

was talking to a mate and she reckons I could be trying too hard  ??????!?   and I need to slow down

Thread killer ¯\(°_o)/¯