Author Topic: not a survivor but coping, with a new coping method try it!  (Read 6689 times)

Offline wild-n-wondaful

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
not a survivor but coping, with a new coping method try it!
« on: February 13, 2012, 08:50:50 PM »
I have not managed to stop yet, however i thought id share somthing that i was told to try and for me it seems to be really working. I have a diary and every day i put a  :) if i dont harm and a  :( if i do harm.

I also have to tell some body else each day who also keeps a diary for me if it has been a :) day or a :( day. It seems to be working as it stops you from being able to keep it a secret if you do harm. it works as a way that some one else can share your good feeling if you manage to go harm free, but also talk through what happened if you do harm.

i would defiantly recommend trying this for anyone who feels they have some one who they can trust to share the info with, its particularly good for me that at times i have harmed every day so being able to look at the diary and see a week of smiley faces :) feels like a sense of achievement!
one day every thing will make perfect sense, until then, laugh at the confusion,  smile through the tears and remember... Everything happens for a reason

everything will be OK in the end... if its not OK, then its not the end!

Offline hidden tears

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: not a survivor but coping, with a new coping method try it!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 10:26:26 PM »
You are a survivour hun...you may not have stopped harming, but you are still here. Coping, by whatever method, means you are a survivour.  :hug1:

I'm glad you have found something that seems to work for you, and what a great idea. Its a bit like a star/reward chart. Can you do something to reward yourself when you have a week of :)?? It doesn't have to be something big, just a little treat......a nice coffee, a bath thingy, a magazine??
*I lock away the pain and put away my fears, show you only my smiles and not my hidden tears *

*I like walking in the rain because no one knows Im crying*

Behind the mask....a silent scream....a hidden tear

Offline wild-n-wondaful

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 11:20:08 AM »
haha thankyou, thats the plan a bit of me time or somthing, it feels really childish but its actually a nice feeling and where previously i wouldnt even think about the days i didnt harm im now recognising the fact that i can get through days and visually see how many days i go before relapsing. Also a relapse doesnt feel so bad when you can look and see later on in the week that ok on monday i relapsed and had a :( but then for the rest of the week its all :) 's pathetic little sense of achievement created :P
one day every thing will make perfect sense, until then, laugh at the confusion,  smile through the tears and remember... Everything happens for a reason

Offline findingmyway

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:57:26 PM »
Not a pathetic sense of achievement at all - I think its a really good idea ;D
Thank you all so much for your support, I really appreciate it.
Please, all keep as safe as you can.

I will be thinking of you xxxxx :hug1: :hug

Offline wild-n-wondaful

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 08:50:15 PM »
its a good visual said if nothing else

Offline Amehh

• 18+
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 08:54:34 PM »
Just seen this and I think that is a fantastic idea! I'm definitely going to try this :)
I'm in Wonderland, watch me fall

Offline greenday

• Usually here
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 08:31:26 AM »
ya just read it and its an good ideia i mite try it my self :thumbsup:

Offline Mixbe

• 18+
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 01:15:49 PM »
This is a lovely idea. 
one of my coping methods is to write down all the reasons i'm feeling low, and that sometimes helps me clear my head for a bit
 :hug1:
I don't want to sleep. It will only bring the day around quicker.