Author Topic: Repetitive self-harm study - Research participants needed  (Read 5697 times)

Offline MWresearch

• Researcher
  • First posts
Repetitive self-harm study - Research participants needed
« on: September 14, 2022, 01:50:47 PM »
 :sign0085: Seeking research participants for doctoral thesis into repetitive self-harm  :sign0085:

• Are you aged 18 or above with experience of repetitive self harm?
  • We define repetitive self-harm as more than 5 times within one year

We are keen to hear about your experiences of repetitive self-harm and your thoughts about factors which contribute to repetitive self-harm, through 1:1 interviews with the lead researcher. These interviews can be conducted via Zoom, over the phone or face to face - whatever you would prefer.

My name is Millie Witcher, I am a Trainee Clinical Psychologist with lived experience of repetitive self-harm. I am the lead researcher on this study. The research is for my PhD thesis and has received ethical approval from the University of Hertfordshire ethics committee.

Participation in this study is paid, in the form of a £10 voucher.

Please get in touch to find out more!  :welcomeani1:

Email: [email protected]
Twitter: @DClin_SelfHarm

Offline MWresearch

• Researcher
  • First posts
Re: Repetitive self-harm study - Research participants needed
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 02:51:46 PM »
 :sign0085: Just to say we are still recruiting for this study. :sign0085:

Recruitment is likely to continue into next year, so please get in touch if you are interested in participating or would like to know more

We would really like to speak to people who identify as male and have experience of self-harm, please do get in touch if you would be interested in participating in our study!

Thank you so much  :mademyday:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 11:29:13 PM by Rob »

Offline MWresearch

• Researcher
  • First posts
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 11:45:23 AM »
 :sign0085:Recruitment is still open, please do get in touch if you would like to participate. We would really like to speak to MEN about their experiences so if you identify as male and have experience of repetitive self-harm PLEASE GET IN TOUCH :sign0085:

Are you aged 18 or above with experience of repetitive self harm?
We define repetitive self-harm as more than 5 times within one year

We are keen to hear about your experiences of repetitive self-harm and your thoughts about factors which contribute to repetitive self-harm, through 1:1 interviews with the lead researcher. These interviews can be conducted via Zoom, over the phone or face to face - whatever you would prefer.

My name is Millie Witcher, I am a Trainee Clinical Psychologist with lived experience of repetitive self-harm. I am the lead researcher on this study. The research is for my PhD thesis and has received ethical approval from the University of Hertfordshire ethics committee.

Please get in touch to find out more!  :welcomeani1:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 03:54:12 PM by Rob »

Offline MWresearch

• Researcher
  • First posts
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 10:15:04 AM »
Final phase of recruitment!

We are looking for 1-2 people to check the current findings of the study with, this would still involve an interview but would rely less on your sharing your experiences, if you did not feel comfortable doing so. Instead, it would be an opportunity for myself as the lead researcher to share the theory we have developed with you and get your thoughts and feedback on this. Please get in touch ASAP if you are interested.   :woohoo:

Are you aged 18 or above with experience of repetitive self harm?
We define repetitive self-harm as more than 5 times within one year

Please get in touch to find out more!   :welcomeani1:

« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 11:25:30 AM by Rob »