Author Topic: TF-CBT  (Read 4236 times)

Offline LimaRoo

• Bronze Member
TF-CBT
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:01:30 PM »
I'm currently having TF-CBT with my psychologist.  I'm in the middle of it but not really sure if it's helping or where it's going.

Has anyone ever had TF-CBT?  If so, what were your experiences (if you don't mind sharing)?

Thanks,
LimaRoo
I'm afraid you are completely mad . . . bonkers . . . but can I tell you a secret? All the best people are! -Mr Kingsley, Alice in Wonderland 2010 film

Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times - if one only remembers to turn on the light.
Dumbledore - Prisoner of Azkaban Film

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
Re: TF-CBT
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 11:43:21 PM »
Hey LimaRoo.

Can you explain what TF-CBT is? I've had ordinary CBT, but am not sure what the difference is so sharing my experiences might not be helpful!

:hug2:
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline LimaRoo

• Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »
Hi,

I'm really sorry for not explaining properly.  TF-CBT is Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and is very different from normal CBT.  That's why I'm so confused.  I've done CBT and DBT before.  But I guess I was hoping someone could tell me more about the TF-CBT cos I don't really understand it or know where it's going myself!

Thanks

LimaRoo
I'm afraid you are completely mad . . . bonkers . . . but can I tell you a secret? All the best people are! -Mr Kingsley, Alice in Wonderland 2010 film

Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times - if one only remembers to turn on the light.

sniper

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 10:34:36 PM »
Hey hun... :hug1:

Don't know much about therapies...not really had any as you know from different thread.

Just wanted to say that I hope you find more information on it.
Could you maybe ask the psychologist about it?

Wont be about in crisis or here and now rooms for a while but i'm still around elsewhere.
Take care and stay safe..
 :1059:

Offline LimaRoo

• Bronze Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 11:48:59 PM »
Hmmm the psychologist just says, we'll do this bit and take it from there.  But I'm the kinda person *control freak* that needs to know where it's going so I can plan! 

It's freaking me out a bit.

Plus my therapist is very impersonal.  Like she's very robotic.  I know therapists are supposed to be professional, but I find her very cold and difficult to talk to as she doesn't react to anything to say.  I can't bounce anything off of her as she just doesn't respond.  Anyone else had the same problem?

LimaRoo