Author Topic: Piercings SH ??  (Read 10243 times)

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
Piercings SH ??
« on: July 08, 2012, 02:01:40 PM »
Mods - I dont know if this is allowed or not, so feel free to delete if it's not.

I know this has been raised before but i can't find the original thread...
 :trig:
Would anyone consider re-piercing your ears as SH?
I had 13 holes in my ears which  are pretty much closed up but I've brought new studs to redo them all.

Just wondering if other people do the same?

Offline Louise

• 18+
  • Always here
  • Kiss me properly and pull me apart
Re: Piercings SH ??
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 11:34:02 PM »
I do not consider it to be, no.

Purely because it is socially acceptable.

As an example, I ruined my hair the other night. Completely wrecked it. It came after a hellish week where I have been thinking of doing much worse things 24/07. It took hours, b**ned my scalp and made me look like crap. It was a massive release which netiher endagered my life, nor left me with scars.

"self harm" seems to be about semantics half the time....people always reel off lists of things people do to themselves on a daily basis which technically are "hurting" them. I often do radical things to my body when certain feeling escalate beyond the point where I can ignore them. But in my head if I am not cutting, hitting, b**ning or overdosing, then it is not self harm.

If it is not detrimentalling affecting my life (either health wise or scar wise), I would say it is not self harm - but that really is just an opinion,
There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a joke
But you and I, we've been through that
And this is not our fate
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late

Offline willow

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 08:26:12 PM »
i guess it depends why you are doing it and how.

i use to pierce my  ears myself and i'd probably say that was a form of sh. But when i had a few other piercings done i just did it for the look of them i think.

Not sure if that makes sense x     
The quiet scares me because it screams the truth

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
thanks for your replies xx

yes it does make sense willow :hug2:

i think im the same in a way ..

Offline sparkles

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 09:37:28 PM »
I'm not sure on this one, to be honest.

I've had all my piercings done because I wanted them, without the thought of sh coming into it. But saying that, when I got my second nose piercing, I'd had a terrible day, had really bad sh/sui thoughts, and walked straight into the piercers and got it. And it did relieve the pressure, for a while.

hmmm - not really a helpful answer is it? xxx
Perfection is overated

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 10:14:22 PM »
I'm not sure on this one either... I've re-pierced my belly button when I've not been feeling 'quite right' to sort of feel the pain... but then I wanted to do it at the same time? so not sure if that counts...
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 06:52:20 PM »
I consider self harm anything i do to intenionally 'harm' myself because of the feelings im having :hide:. If you are repiercing your ears because you wish to wear earrings again that fact it will hurt is irrelavant. If you wish to do it BECAUSE it will hurt thus making you feel better then i would consider it self harm albeit with socially acceptable visible signs rather than non socially acceptable ones such as scars. Thats my personal opinion however im sure ive read on some website (NHS or summit) a definition of self harm including things such as reckless driving and the like counting as self harm  :oo:
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 07:15:06 PM »
Thanks for your reply tigger
im not bothered either way about having them pierced. i think it was just to feel pain, and not get into trouble for it. socially acceptable ... interesting words aren't they? xx xx

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 08:08:17 PM »
Hadn't really thought about it but suppose they are  :;): must be the way i feel cause the words just came out. if someone has certain piercings or tatoos they are judged for it just as im sure i would be judged by most for my scars :hide: think thats what im saying? noone bats an eyelid about ramming a piece of metal through your ear for decoration but i bet they did once upon a time
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 08:16:46 PM »
they may well do with mine ... i have 13 now ... x