Author Topic: Locked up for being ill. BBC 1 *May Trigger*  (Read 5104 times)

Offline Bea

• NSHN Moderator
  • Usually here
  • No day But Today.
Locked up for being ill. BBC 1 *May Trigger*
« on: September 09, 2013, 05:38:52 PM »
Panorama, tonight (9/9/13)  8.30 pm.  Can't decide whether to watch or not.

Programme details
*jingly turtle*  
Lady Giraffe
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Offline angeldevil123

• ---- o18s
  • Usually here
    • My world in a blog
Re: Locked up for being ill. BBC 1 *May Trigger*
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 07:08:16 PM »
Its definitely on my to do list x
I will add it to my calendar in a minute
RIP Night Owl
RIP Nanny Pat (I miss you)

Offline angeldevil123

• ---- o18s
  • Usually here
    • My world in a blog
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »
Just watched it. it was okay just i wish it could of been longer and perhaps explained in more depth and i think it was wrong for the police to leave the last woman the in the state she was in, she had something tied around her as if she wanted to hurt her self or end up dead and instead of the police calling up ambulance service the pysch nurse decided she would safe home at home and suggested to call her GP. I would of completely disagreed and sent her into hospital okay more resources to help her but leaving a mentally unwell person at home with potential items she could use to harm herself is wrong.
RIP Night Owl
RIP Nanny Pat (I miss you)

Offline Reeta

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Faulty genes
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 02:13:34 AM »
I just watched this (recorded it) and it hit home. Hard. Possibly because I live in Southampton and have experienced the 'services' and knew someone on the programme!

It is horrible and it doesnt help that the police station is near enough on the other side of the city from Antelope House; which doesnt have that many rooms or available staff. Its not uncommon to have to go to London/Bournemouth/even further to be placed in a private hospital until a room local to you is available and god knows how long that could be.

I think that part of the the problem is how long it takes for referrals to College Keep for an assessment, the local DOP. I have been waiting for 5months to be seen,it will be 6 by the time its my appt. I have already seen them but because it took so long the last time as well, I was in a better place by the time I saw them so they discharged me with NFA apart from seeing my GP. Even turning up at A&E during a crisis of after harming gets you no where, neither reason will cause them to get a pysch out to you- especially if its at night.

For this issue to be so common spread around the country there really is something wrong in the system with shortage of funds, staff and beds.