Author Topic: steri-strips *trig*  (Read 6036 times)

Offline adriana

• 18+
  • Usually here
steri-strips *trig*
« on: May 14, 2012, 12:22:41 AM »
Things have gone quite rapidly from fine to ick lately and I've suddenly found myself cutting my arm for the first time, which has left me with the new and interesting challenge of how to apply steri strips one handed. Any thoughts welcome. Sorry.

Offline adriana

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: steri-strips *trig*
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 05:45:48 AM »
Oh no. Just woke up and realised the implications of this. I have an injection from occupational health on Friday. I will have to walk back from the bathroom wrapped in a towel past my flatmates doors. My flatmate is getting married next month and I was going to wear a sleeveless dress to it. Oh and I think I've made a spectacular mess of dressing this wound. :sofa:

Offline Bea

• NSHN Moderator
  • Usually here
  • No day But Today.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 07:28:46 AM »
Putting on steris one handed is rather tricky as it is very difficult to get the wound closed properly.  If the cuts are bad enough for steris, it is probably best that you get your arm checked either by your practice nurse, or at a walk in centre.

Sorry that things are feeling bad at the moment, has anything set these feelings off? 

For the wedding you are going to, are you able to wear long sleeved gloves, or a shrug type cardi over the dress?  Could you put a tubi grip over the cuts for your injection?
*jingly turtle*  
Lady Giraffe
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Offline greenday

• Usually here
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 08:58:49 AM »
hay im the same but i put cream on my cuts to south them try to be good to your self sending hugs :1059: :1059: :1059:

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 10:18:10 PM »
steri stripping one handed is never very effective (i have tried a large number of times) it never quie works suggest you pop to docs or summit and get them to do it if u can  :1059:
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline adriana

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 12:34:26 AM »
Thanks guys. The cuts really aren't that bad (though they seem to be multiplying), I was mainly just trying to steri strip them in order to reduce the size of the scar long term since I've never cut in such a visible place before. I either need to get a new dress for the wedding or wear a cardigan throughout which will suck since there's a ceilidh, so I will no doubt be very hot and sweaty.  Got the jab on my other arm so now I don't know which side to sleep on :/

Offline Patient Pianist

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 01:25:43 AM »
 :hug2:
sorry things havent been so good.  has anything set things off a bit recently? Here if you want to talk at all.
how are your cuts? xx

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 04:57:31 AM »
Um I hope there is no need in future but just in case.

Steris
Start in the middle and work out.
I kind of pinch the cut with thumb and ring finger after sticking one end of steri strip to the tip of my middle finger and the other to the index finger - steri in like an o shape then stick down, kinda hard to explain.

I hope things get better...:-(
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline greenday

• Usually here
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 09:04:36 AM »
hay how r u good luck  :thumbsup: