NSHN Forum Support & On Topic Forums. Some additional boards are viewable to members only > Survivor Room

Swimming for Exercise

(1/3) > >>

Ruth92:
I want to start swimming again to build my fitness levels as right now they are through the floor =P Problem is I'm not comfortable showing my scars. I have a pair of swimming shorts but have heard stories of women being asked to leave for wearing them in public pools... Does anyone have experience with this or are people generally okay with it?
Thanks =]

Savannah:
I've got shorts for swimming but they're short shorts along with a Lycra tshirt type top n I've never had a problem. Hope swimming goes well for you

Osiris:
I don't know why they'd ask somebody to leave for wearing shorts, there's certainly no sensible reason for them to :confused: It seems pretty discriminatory if they do. I would check with the pool beforehand to see if they have such a ridiculous dresscode.

catapult:
Agreed, i dont understand why anyone would be asked to leave for wearing shorts simply because theyre female?! I figure you can wear what you like aslong as its not hazardous or see thru!

Ive just started swimming at the pool at the gym i go to, theres younger ladies that wear shorts & tshirts over their swimsuits for privacy. Youve got a right to wear whatever you want!

An i too was worried about my scars, the worst ones are on my upper legs an theyre still pretty red and obvious, once or twice people have noticed them but its not so bad, ive generally found people are more wrapped up in what theyre doing with themselves. Its more of a bigger issue to us.

I hope you go, and enjoy it. Its fantastic excercise and can be quite relaxing. Go for it  :)

Ruth92:
I don't understand either but after hearing stories it made me nervous. I think I'll just go for it and hope for the best =] I've always loved swimming, just not the idea of having to be practically naked to do it =P Now all I have to do is get by butt in gear and go. Thanks for all the comments and advice =]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version