Author Topic: Recovery *ED*  (Read 6517 times)

Offline Tallulah

• 18+
  • Usually here
Recovery *ED*
« on: April 12, 2013, 06:09:27 PM »
Thought I'd try and focus on something positive when things are seeming a bit rubbish...

Today, I made a meal that involved all of the major food groups in sensible proportions. I sat at the dinner table and ate it at a sensible speed whilst enjoying the way it tasted. Once I was done I got on with my day without needing to throw up, exercise or take laxatives.

I could *never* have done this a few years ago. I still hold on to various ED behaviours but my grip is loosening over time: it is no longer a crisis if I forget to weigh myself, or if I don't manage to weigh every aspect of my meal, I'm no longer scared of carbs, I no longer make late night supermarket dashes for binge food and laxatives, I no longer exercise until I faint. I have made so much progress over the past year or so, I may not always be able to see it, but the progress is there.

I'm by no means "recovered" and emotionally there is still a lot of work to do but I am definitely well into the journey. It makes me feel hopeful when other things around me seem so hopeless.

:blushing:

Offline secret past

• 18+
  • Gold Member
Re: Recovery *ED*
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 07:19:53 PM »
 :) this is such a positive post to read, well done Tallulah!  :)

Offline Olivia

• 18+
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 08:31:43 PM »
Speaking as someone who is in the grip of bulimia and trying to recover this really helped. Thanks. I hope you continue to make such amazing progress  :)

Offline Terri

• Orsem superstar-ess
  • Administrator
  • Always here
  • Redemption.
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 08:58:47 PM »
You're awesome. :) :hug2:
Chief :smurf: Pry Master.

And hope and grace were all I needed.

This isn't everything you are.

Offline Skye

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 09:24:52 PM »
It is a huge leap. You are a fighter and are surviving  :hug1:

Offline bassists_kick_ass

• 18+
  • Gold Member
  • >{Jenny}<
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 09:51:03 PM »
That's amazing! Well done for being so strong! It's great that you're giving your body what it needs and looking after yourself for the future

:1059: