Author Topic: WARNING Prescription drugs and driving *trig OD*  (Read 4869 times)

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
WARNING Prescription drugs and driving *trig OD*
« on: January 30, 2013, 07:32:57 PM »
I've debated about writing this as i'm so ashamed of what I did but thought that if it stopped one person getting into the situation I got myself in then it's worth it..

basically early last December I took an OD and drove myself to hospital.. i got there OK but left before I should have and tried to drive home.. I crashed into another car and then when I went to move my car out the way of traffic I crashed into a lampost... the passers by where concerned that I was drunk so phoned the police... I got arrested and held in custody for the rest of the day.. i got bailed and was due to report back to the police station today to face my charges.. which I was told would likely be 'dangerous driving' 'drug driving' and for some reason 'failing to stop' (I did stop) ... anyway I could have been facing a very lengthy driving ban of up to 5 years, a fine and possible imprisonment...

I was terrified....

This morning I found out that the solicitor had managed to get all the charges dropped and I'm now facing 'driving without due care and attention and points on my license..

Anyway I felt like I wanted to share my story to hopefully prevent anyone doing the same thing... I've lost my car (it was written off in the accident) I could have had a criminal record and the DVLA are now investigating my fitness to drive so I still can't drive... and more importantly I could have seriously hurt someone else.

If you have OD'd.. call an ambulance, don't drive!  Even a small overdose.. the law doesn't differentiate between illegal and prescription drugs when it comes to driving...
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
Re: WARNING Prescription drugs and driving *trig OD*
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 07:42:19 PM »
I can't begin to imagine what you've been through these past months. I know that it's been hard, and extremely hard at times.

But you have dealt with it so well BG, I'm so proud of you.

I know the past week has been the hardest, but you did it.

Thank you for sharing your story so publically, I can't imagine it would be easy to do.

I hope that people reading who've been in the same situation, or have considered it, will think twice after reading this.

:hug1: :hug2: :hug1:

Offline Tallulah

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: WARNING Prescription drugs and driving *trig OD*
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 12:08:34 AM »
:hug1: < I'm not usually one to just hug but I have no words. Thank you for being brave and sharing x