Author Topic: DBT  (Read 5472 times)

Offline Ellie

• 018s Buddy
  • Usually here
DBT
« on: October 23, 2012, 01:54:49 PM »

I'm going to be starting DBT soon and was wondering about people's experiences with this.
A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his.

I know I'm in my own world, but its ok they know me here:)

Offline sparkledust

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • when you wish upon a star.........
Re: DBT
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:39:13 PM »
it really worked for me

pm me if you want more specific things answered :1059:
[img width=250 height=52]
there is no such thing as strangers,simply friends waiting to meet

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 02:26:48 PM »

I have done DBT in various OUt patient and In patient settings. It only works if you really practise the skills continuously and use them as much as possible.

How long are you doing it for?

I didi it in the Priory, going through the material once and then I did it as an in patient with one skills group a week. I personally found it hard to retain the knowledge and use the skills effectively but I am someone who has self harmed for twelve years so its really ingrained in me.

Hash

Offline Ellie

• 018s Buddy
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »
thanks.

I'm not sure how long for.  They have just had a dbt practitioner join the psychology team. What I think is good is she plans on teaching my care co-ordinator the basic principles so she can do it with me in a crisis.
A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his.

I know I'm in my own world, but its ok they know me here:)

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »

Sounds really good. 

Try and do it for as long as possible as that is when the skills you learn will really help.

Hash