NSHN Forum Support & On Topic Forums. Some additional boards are viewable to members only > Survivor Room

If there was a cure for autism...

<< < (16/17) > >>

Gerard:
Oh to be better at activities of daily living. :fryingpan:

lloud:
Dealing with the challenges of autism can be a real struggle, and it's different for everyone. For me, the idea of a cure sounds tempting too. I've had my fair share of meltdowns and tough moments, and if there was a way to make life a bit smoother, why not? But hey, I respect those who see autism as a unique part of themselves.

Vermilion:
Sensory problems are exacerbated this time of year, too many flashing lights. Plus, my usual routines are messed up due to the break. And the shopping is a PITA, especially with delivery slots filling up. Roll.on January!

Also, driving is hard when one is as uncoordinated as I am, (I seriously have trouble figuring out left and right) and get anxiety that's so bad that I sometimes cry during lessons. Yes, I am indeed having driving lessons at age 36!

I'm so overwhelmed nowadays; I have uni work, driving lessons, trying to get back in to work again... it's made anxiety so bad that I get upset at the thought of doing even my hobbies that I love, or at least used to love, an I'm seriously considering quitting them all because I'm not enjoying them anymore, they're just causing anxiety. Still, I have no choice but to drive since the bus service is crap and I frequently get sensory overload if its too crowded. So, I must continue with the horrendously stressful and meltdown inducing driving lessons. Oh, and I pay £40 an hour for it!

So, what do I do? I procrastinate! I fell behind with my uni schedule by about 4 weeks and barely manged my assignment on time. I hate procrastination because it only makes things worse but I can't seem to stop doing it.

I'd love a properly functioning brain!  :banghead:

Gerard:
More like this, please. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/373302160_The_Compassionate_Brain_Theory_of_Autism

Gerard:
Current struggles.

Taking naps, I feel I need these as I don't sleep well, in general. I think they're mostly a weekend issue as I often feel very tired around 1pm
Managing emails, signing up for things/volunteering
Pursing job applications, deciding to apply
Tidying my room as a matter of routine
Hoovering - need to do it more.
Yoga and other activities to support running e.g. foam rolling, resistance bands
Maintaining my running log (this is a written thing, I don't have Strava)
Watching Disney/Apple TV
Reading for leisure - I pretty much don't do this
Closing endless tabs on my browser

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version