Author Topic: Peeps being discharged from CMHT's at 300 at a time across UK  (Read 8780 times)

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable

Hi Guys,

I am being told by my GP that across London and indeed across the UK CMHT's are discharging people with complex needs ( BPD PD etc), Bipolar, Depression and Anxiety and only the most serious cases are being kept on. Have you noticed this or experienced this yourself.

What has been your experience?''

Hash

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Peeps being discharged from CMHT's at 300 at a time across UK
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 08:35:02 PM »
Lots of people have been mentioning being discharged recently. There are certainly big changes where I live but I'm not being discharged just moved to a different consultant. But all of that seems to be part of a massive overhaul that has meant lots of services have been moved to one location and buildings sold off left right and centre. They also closed one inpatient building a couple off years ago.

If that is what is happening then I can't see how the changes are sustainable...GPs just don't have the skills to support people. Most GPs I've met look at me gone out at any mention of s/h and totally freak at any sign of current thinking about sui...even if it is sort of hypothetical.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:53:02 PM »

You're very lucky you are not being discharged.

My GP surgery is amazing and my GP lets me call her by her first name and is completely freaked out by the prospect of managing my medication cos I am on tonnes.

Hash

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 09:08:32 PM »
The consultant I've seen for the last 5 years is an absolute legend. I'm yet to see what the new one is like, I suppose that discharge is still a possibility with someone different but the current psych is very supportive and has a very good understanding of what I find helpful etc. I have no idea how I have been allowed to see him so frequently (once a month) for so long. I know that others have not been so lucky.I'm not certain how much of that is risk related - I hope it's just that he is awesome there is something oddly concerning in even considering that it may be based on risk taking etc.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 05:14:44 PM »

I am really glad you have a really good Psychiatrist, Why do you have to go to someone new?

Hopefully he has seen you every month because he realises you need the support.

I wish there were more good psychs out there.

I am going private to the Priory, it will cost a small fortune but I can manage that.

Hash

Offline unknown_member

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 05:53:08 PM »
I wish I could get discharged ! It's taken 8 months of 'good behaviour' so far and I still have to wait till June for my next review, hoping to finally be discharged after that ... Even tho I still struggle some days I hate being in the system and want out as soon as possible !

Good luck with your journey x
Anxiety Girl!! Able to jump to the worst possible conclusion in a single bound..

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 08:26:11 PM »

I am really glad you have a really good Psychiatrist, Why do you have to go to someone new?

He is 'being moved'

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 08:08:06 PM »

Lorien,

I am really glad you have someone new and I hope this new Psych is really good.

Hash

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 11:32:51 PM »
I'm discharged from psych
Got therapy till June then that's it for me

Constantly feel Sui and no one really gives a duck

saphire-flames

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 01:20:34 AM »