Author Topic: Research into views of mental health support services  (Read 6619 times)

Offline xx_katherine_xx

• Researcher
  • First posts
Research into views of mental health support services
« on: February 27, 2015, 09:27:25 PM »
Hiya,
I'm running a study to find out about people's views of mental health support services and two new diagnoses that may be included in future versions of a medical book called the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (neither of the diagnoses are currently in use).

You'll complete an online questionnaire, normally taking less than 20 mins. :) Answers are anonymous and you can leave any time. The questionnaire asks for some demographic information (age, whether or not you're a student, etc.) then about times when you've self-harmed, if you've ever self-harmed. You'll then indicate how much you agree or disagree with statements about how helpful different support services have been, and statements about possible future diagnoses in the DSM. Information about the diagnoses will be given and there are 'prefer not to say' options. You can get in touch with me if you want more information using the email address on the questionnaire.

The only requirements are that you are over 16 and that you've used at least one mental health support service (including, but not only: family, GPs, counsellors, distraction techniques, friends, pets, exercise and the internet!)

If interested here's the link: https://qtrial2014az1.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_aaXJQLRfddQeogl

Offline pandapaws

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Research into views of mental health support services
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 11:52:53 PM »
Oooh interesting. Yes I will do it as I have very strong views based on many experiences.

Good luck

X
It is joy to be hidden but diaster not to be found -  D. Winnicott, 1963

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 07:27:30 PM »
Done  :working:
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 12:52:08 PM »
Is now closed
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline xx_katherine_xx

• Researcher
  • First posts
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 12:34:23 PM »
Sorry the study was closed when you tried to access it Lorien - I forgot to post a message saying I'd stopped collecting data. Please accept my deep apologies, I should have posted as soon as I closed the study.  :( Thankyou for trying to participate!

Thankyou to everyone who completed the questionnaire too. I wanted to let you all know that I've analysed the data and submitted my write-up to my supervisor - your responses have been incredibly valuable. I hope I can conduct more research in the future!

Thankyou again everyone, you've been wonderful  :party: