Author Topic: P*A*S*H  (Read 8556 times)

split

P*A*S*H
« on: July 26, 2012, 04:30:53 PM »
Its a local SH charity and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them? I understand that it is a long shot, and i also understand if people don't wish to reply as it would give away their general location within the country... just out of curiosity really...

from speaking to them briefly on the phone they seem very much like a physically available NSHN (which of course is a virtual resource), in that they seem very huggy and molly coddling and somewhat patronising (the lady on the phone told me i was 'a very brave girl' for making the phone call: i resisted telling her i am simply a human that can use a telephone and speak English as apposed to a 3 year old who calls 999 by accident), but one hopes that, should i decide to try and get in there and stick it out they will realise that less hugging more practical solutions is what i as an individual need...

so... any experience... preferably with regards to 1:1, counseling services and their group...?

thanks in advance...

Offline Bluegirl27

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
Re: P*A*S*H
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 10:30:15 AM »
Hi,

I have been having 1:1 counselling at PASH for about 18 months now.  I will send you a PM.

X

Offline PrettyLittleLie

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 04:19:15 PM »
P*A*S*H is near me though I have had no experience of it.... I hope it works out for you... I would be interested to hear what you think of it to see if it is useful.
- Ellie

split

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 11:22:14 AM »
Thank you blue girl for the information you were able to offer.

I have an assessment next Tuesday morning so will report back then, PLL...

split

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:25:19 PM »
Well i started my assessment today. finishing it next wednesday as we ran out of time... somewhat normal questions... still not sure where i would stand with regards to what help they could or would be willing to offer, if any, but i guess that gets decided once the assessment is complete... was expecting to feel emotionally drained but thankfully the lack of depth in the questions helped me keep my distance from things...

i know it was a positive step. just suffering a touch of insomnia at the moment and it is making me somewhat apathetic about most things...

will update again next wednesday when i may have a decision... she is trying to encourage me to go to group after next wednesdays session... not sure whether to go to simply experience it and make my decision or wait and see where i stand with offer of support.

ho hum,...

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 02:15:20 PM »
hi split

i hope it goes ok next wednesday.

do you have any idea on how long it will take before you know if they are able to help?

sounds positive with her encouraging you to join the group next week. may be an idea to see how you feeling after wednesdays session, unless you've got to tell them before then?

:hug1:

Offline Rob

• Administrator
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 02:46:45 PM »
*sends split lots and lots and lots of huggywuggies*  ::P:

It sounds worth while seeing how it goes  - I've often done things that I had little hope of gaining anything from but still was able to come away with something useful. Updates here are a good idea, too.
Crisis line 0800 1456485. Childline 0800 1111. Samaritans 116 123. Basic First Aid. CALL (MH Helpline Wales) 0800 132737. Mind Cymru 02920395123. Bullying UK. Text help text SHOUT to 85258

split

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 10:45:04 PM »
Yes, I will update here as and when required/appropriate.

I can attend group regardless of whether or not they offer me alternative support outside of that group setting. My main concern with group meetings is that others experiences will trigger me when I haven't harmed since december (I think, its been a hectic couple of years and time blends) plus I find many ontopic discussions far too melodramatic and struggle to not be my cynical b!tchy self. Hence my intense dislike of bollycoddling and "big hugs". I know I am a minority and therefore wish in some respects to avoid 'group' to avoid upsetting some peoples sensitivities.

To be honest, I went to pash to source councelling, talk about all the cr@p until I am blue in the face and have worked through it instead of keeping ignoring it and getting sicker/ sick again. They nhs restricts councelling here to 10 sessions... Pretty pointless if you ask me so fingers crossed pash can help.

Anyhow, will let you know the lay of the land as soon as I know...

Offline Bluegirl27

• 18+
  • Bronze Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 09:28:54 AM »
Hope once you finish your assessment today you will have a clearer view in your mind about whether PASH can help.  As I said to you, I find them very helpful, although of course everybody & their situation differs.

split

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 06:34:57 PM »
Well... I think it went ok... Putting me forwards for counselling. I avoided group as the topic was not broached. Won't know when I can start. She is going to call me after the bank holiday.