Author Topic: Things are good :)  (Read 13793 times)

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
Things are good :)
« on: July 19, 2013, 09:50:38 AM »
I can't believe how well things are going at the moment, just wanted to write it down to make it more real!

*Mood has been really good, thinking very positively.
*Sleep is great - getting a good 8hrs each night
*Waking up early, feeling refreshed, and finding it easy to get up.
*Loving the sunshine!  8))
*Feeling more confident with going out in short sleeves. Have mastered the camouflage make up and have a tan on my arms for the first time in years
*Getting excited about going to Canada in Sept
*Coming off my oral AP and feeling better for it.

;D
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline Harvey

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Things are good :)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 09:50:18 PM »
Good to hear that things are going well for you TH :)
Hakuna Matata

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 10:06:08 PM »
 :icon_mrgreen: really nice to read
you deserve it xx :hug1:

Offline Je7

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 08:22:35 PM »
Yay :)

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 08:43:06 AM »
Thank you!  :creature:

xx
See something new, do something new, learn something new, go somewhere new... See what this world has to offer

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 06:00:26 PM »
*TRIG - SCARS*

Went to the park today with family, including my niece who's 7. It was so hot so I thought it would be stupid to sit with a cardi on, so just sat in my short sleeve t-shirt. I usually cover my arms/scars in front of children. I took my niece to the shop and she was holding my hand, she put her hand on my arm and asked why I had so many scratches. I was trying to think what to say, but before I could answer she said "are they from the guinea pigs", I said yes, and she was totally happy with that. She never mentioned it again.

I don't know if I did the right thing, but I think she is too young to know the truth. My other niece who is 14 knows, but has never commented when I've had my arms uncovered. I feel a big relief that the 7yr old has seen and was not phased.

I started self harming when I was 13 (19yrs ago) and I've pretty much always had my arms covered up (except abroad). I'm beginning to feel less ashamed of my scars, and less worried about people seeing. I've still got a way to go, as people like work colleagues and fellow uni students haven't ever seen them, but I'm getting there :)

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 06:03:58 PM »
Well done xx
I think that was the right thing to say xx

Glad you had a good day xx

Offline terrified heart

• 18+
  • Always here
  • TH
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 08:37:20 AM »
Thank you Lily  :hug2:

Had another disturbing dream last night. Trying not to dwell on it and remain positive, but it has shaken me a bit.

Offline Sian-May

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 10:37:20 AM »
I'm so pleased for you. You really deserve to be happy and I'm so glad you're full of positivity right now.

Showing off your scars can be a big step and takes a lot of courage, well done :hug2:

So nice to read something so positive, I really hope it continues and you're on the path to happiness and recovery x x x
Last SH: 05.01.2016
Last purge: 16.09.13
Last OD: 30.05.15

Well done Super Sian! :superman: x x

Offline Lily Kym

• 18+
  • Always here
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 04:12:25 PM »
When I was little, and had a bad dream, mum would come and see me

She would tell me it is the body's way of pushing out things from deep in us. Used to quite soothe me, as it did make sense..

Hope you're still doing ok? Xxxx