Author Topic: Advice about going for advice  (Read 3993 times)

Offline Domino

• 18+
  • First posts
Advice about going for advice
« on: November 02, 2012, 10:02:29 PM »
Hi peeps,

I've not had much good experience with gp's with my sh  :banghead: , so I'm kinda reluctant to go but I am struggling a bit and would like a bit of help to get things under control.

The thing is I am hoping to go into uni next year and study paramedic practice  :working: but I was wanting to keep my re-lapse hidden so my medical history looks good. Is this wrong? Or if I ask my gp for some help does that look better? I guess I'd rather be honest but I don't want to ruin my chances of my dream career but I don't want my re-lapse to get out of control.

Any advice would be appreciated x
The greatest of lessons are learned along the most difficult of paths.

Offline Daisy Bell

• 18+
  • Silver Member
Re: Advice about going for advice
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 06:02:29 AM »
Thats a tricky one I'm kind of in the same position my GP is withholding fertility treatment till I'm well and I desperately want a baby. I guess it depends upon whether you know you can control your relapse. Or maybe get non NHS support from a friend or something.

Offline Domino

• 18+
  • First posts
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 07:54:37 PM »
Thanks Daisy, I hope u get well soon xx :hug1:
The greatest of lessons are learned along the most difficult of paths.

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 08:08:45 AM »
It sounds like a hard call, but isnt it worth bearing in mind that they might have restrictions for a reason. Surely it is better to get the support that could help you resolve it eventually so you are in a better position to go to uni and cope with the demands of the job you want than try to cover it up and deal with it alone and possibly find later that it would have helped?

I know its easy for me to say but surely its worth a shot?
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”