Author Topic: Advice needed on filling a form  (Read 3893 times)

Offline EoZ

• 18+
  • Usually here
    • the restless shrew
Advice needed on filling a form
« on: January 11, 2012, 01:04:47 PM »
Sorry if this is in the wrong room.
I haven't logged into the sigh for a long while I have found some comfort in blogging unafraid to say anything but right now i need some help.
I am applying through UCAS just finishing off odd bits before the deadline.
On the disability options there is a small list the top one being none. another one says ' You have a mental health condition, such as depression, schizophrenia or anxiety disorder ' I suffer from depression still despite not seeing my Doctor about it. I don't see myself at disability or anything like that but I don't know weather to select that or not. I am rather torn. Any advice would be great.

Offline Aimee

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Advice needed on filling a form
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 02:29:58 PM »
Hiya,
when I applied I selected that I had none. It depends what (if any) support you think you'll need. I found my University very helpful, I went to my personal tutor and from there I got support and was offered extended times for coursework and exams. So it's up to you, if you feel like you will need support then I would suggest saying you do. Good luck with the UCAS application, btw! x
:hide:

Offline EoZ

• 18+
  • Usually here
    • the restless shrew
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:45:30 PM »
Thank you.
Right now I feel okay, had some rouch patched during xmas at work but that was added stress. my dad thinks i should say none (he thinks im all healed) just incase uni's look at me in a different way ( I know they shouldn't) If I find I need help I will tell someone (if I even get in ) This is all getting rather real again.

Offline Aimee

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 02:53:12 PM »
I think the main reason they ask in UCAS applications is for information about finances and things, but I'm not 100% on that. If you are confident that if the time comes and you do need help you will seek out that help then it doesn't matter whether you put it on the form or not, I reckon. In a lot of Universities you have an initial meeting with your tutor and you can raise this issue. Alternatively you could fire off an email to UCAS, or ring them to ask how responding to that question will affect your application/help you in Uni. x
:hide: