Author Topic: limbo!!!  (Read 9203 times)

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
limbo!!!
« on: May 29, 2013, 06:03:33 PM »
Is currently waiting on tonnes of stuff and its making me stressy.

The therapist I had seen for more than a year said she would be off for a couple of months...6months ago. No one seems to know when she is actually going to be back.

I started CBT with a psychologist and I think it would be better to wait a bit until I can go over things that are important with the therapist...but no one will give me a straight answer as to whether that is a good idea or not.

I had an interview for a job and was given a conditional offer based on DBS check, reference and medical clearance. I just had an email to say that they haven't recieved the reference yet - a month on. Apparently the person doing it waiting on admin to complete a section.  I have an occupational health appointment on the 10th and I'm bricking it.

I dont do uncertainty well at all....but everything is sooo uncertain.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline is_it_true

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: limbo!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 07:18:12 PM »
That sounds like a hell of a lot of thingsto think about and hold in your head.
If you are anything like me you will feel very overwhelmed and unsettled with all of that going on.
Could you get pen andbpaper and write it down as it comes to your head.then try to organise,mayb prioratise whats important to you. Then mayb things you can do something about then the thinfs out of uour hands. Then write why they out of ypur hands and try to deal with them in the way of acceptance thats how it is for now and you know it ,akes you feel crap and thats ok.

Irs ok to feel overwhelmed.hope this helps.sorry gor writing the other wrong reply!
 :1059:

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 10:21:29 PM »
Thank you.

Ive started writing in a note book to the therapist, but its 140sides of a5 now. Which seems pointless. But I do feel a little calmer. Im sorry I know its just a matter of waiting. Its just hard to do. With the added pressure of not wanting to cut because of the occupational health appointment.
“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 11:52:32 PM »
can anyone give me an idea of what to expect from the occupational health appointment please?

Offline Faded~Lady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 12:26:11 AM »
Its usually a nurse asking about your condition and medication and how you are managing your medication and how your condition affects work and is there anything they can do to help.  When I told occ health I was coming off my meds one time cos I wasn't happy she contacted my gp and psych team xx
Only those who dare, truly live.
- Ruth P. Freedman

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 01:12:04 AM »
i am really worried that they will decide that I can't do the job. it is an appointment with an occupational health doctor as part of 'pre employment checks'

i am worried because the job i do now is almost exactly the same and I don't know what would happen if they told me that i am not fit to work in that role.

the Psychiatrist i see regularly doesn't have a problem with me working. i know that because he told my current company exactly that. but i am both scared of losing the new job and my current one.

what kind of questions do they ask?
i don't take any medication and i dont think it really affects work that much. i just know that people have an issue with s/h.
are they likely to ask to see scars? i am really not ok with that but i would like to be prepared for it if they do.

Offline Faded~Lady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 01:31:48 AM »
Do they need to know about the sh xx
Only those who dare, truly live.
- Ruth P. Freedman

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 02:29:24 AM »
they already know.

the questionnaire that i had to fill in asked specifically about

have you ever suffered from any mental health problems - which i had to say yes to

EDs - which isnt a problem for me

Sui thoughts requiring medical intervention - which the psych told me to say no to because I tell him when things like that come up and i see him more often then - but no one has ever had to intervene.

if ive ever required hospital admission - again he told me to say no to that - presumably because I agreed to that the only time i have ever done it and i don't think it was exactly 'required'.

S/h and gave a list of things that they included in that - which i had to say yes to

it asked about diagnosis - at the moment it isn't actually clearly set as anything very specific, it used to be and he has changed it. so he told me to put 'personality difficulties'

so they will know that I s/h but won't have any info on how, how often, when etc and will have a very loose idea of diagnosis but nothing specific.

To be honest I'd far rather they just write to the Psych...he is very good at writing letters that i am happy with and do exactly what they are supposed to do without giving too much away. I am really worried that on my own i will say something wrong or not be able to put things positively enough to get through it without losing the job on it.

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 11:46:39 PM »
argh its tomorrow and i cant relax. I know i need to sleep but i am just stressing so much about this. so much rests on the decision of one person and its all totally unknown....i have no idea what to do.

Really it will all be down to the guy himself and his own opinions of s/h. so effing worried

Offline Lorien

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »
Woooop!!!

Went, spoke to a really nice doctor who then prepared the report in front of me. Fit to work in that role + 3 suggested adjustments that were both sensible and well worded......

Im not sure u quite believe it yet! But I have a new job guaranteed. Not sure wether torrun around or sleep. Excited and exhausted