Author Topic: Doctors  (Read 9571 times)

Offline Twinkle twinkle little star

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • fighting my way to the surface
Doctors
« on: March 21, 2012, 03:22:27 PM »
Went to see doc the other day.
Advised me to stay on tabs indefinitely. ( have tried to come off previously and relapsed)
Is it just me that finds this odd? I thought docs were supposed to want you off meds, or do I have a really understanding doctor?
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad." - Salvador Dali.

Offline greenday

• Usually here
Re: Doctors
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
hay im like u i talked to my mom and saed why dont i talk to my doctor and she sead thats goog if u want to

Offline lil strummer gurl

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • the scars reminds me the past is real
    • Beboooooooo (if private just add me!!)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »
They'll do what they think is best for you at that time hun.  They will review it regularly and start weaning you off them when you and the doc feel its the right time :)

And even though it all went wrong, I stand before the lord of song with nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

:frog: <--Bert The Evil frog

Offline greenday

• Usually here
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 08:59:46 PM »
hey hoe r u right now  :hyper:

Offline dark_chick

• 18+
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 11:20:48 PM »
I'm afraid that I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm sure that they are trying to take good care of you. And the doctors will listen to your opinion, if you really think you can manage without them then speak to them and find out more about what their longer term goals are. I know that sometimes taking meds isn't the option that you wanted, but if they are working that's got to be a good thing.

Offline Twinkle twinkle little star

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • fighting my way to the surface
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 03:36:22 AM »
I'm good at the moment, tired from lack of sleep with a teething mini.
I've been feeling better for a while, that's why I thought it would be a good time to come off meds. I guess docs know best.
"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad." - Salvador Dali.

Offline greenday

• Usually here
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 07:29:19 AM »
stay safe and take care lots of hugs

Offline Hash

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Freedom is reachable
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »
 :sofa:

I think often a doctor wants their patients to be stable and have the best quality of life. You can always talk with your  doctor if you are in any way thinking that is not the best move for you. The doctor will take your needs and wishes into consideration.

Hash

Offline greenday

• Usually here
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 02:31:37 PM »
thats tru be safe dont hurt your self

Offline diamondwithaflaw

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 11:16:04 PM »
Agreeing with Hash here, sometimes stability is achieved by continuing medication (just like for blood pressure etc). I'm the same with medication, want to be independent, stop as soon as possible..perhaps some exploration surrounding why you want to be med free would be useful? I'm thinking if the meds help, and the doctors suggesting staying on them what's making you question that? Are you getting any 'talking' therapy at all?