Author Topic: Surviving SH EDs etc  (Read 4328 times)

Offline mirrhi

• 18+
  • Usually here
Surviving SH EDs etc
« on: November 08, 2011, 08:47:15 PM »
What does that mean?

I've tried to make sure people who matter are looked after as much as possible.  I don't know what is meant from me now though, I don't know what profs expect, I don't know what I should do without ED counsellor, I don't know what fella wants, I don't know how to help family.

I don't know what to do about what I've eaten tonight.

I don't know how to deal with how wrong I feel.

Sorry.

:blushing:

xx
I guess it's funnier from where you're standing, Cause from over here I missed the joke
Clear the way for my crash landing, I've done it again, another number for your notes
I'll be your clown, behind the glass
Go 'head and laugh, cause it's funny
I would too if I saw me...

Bethy

Re: Surviving SH EDs etc
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 05:13:30 PM »
Don't apologise :hug1:

Correct me if I'm getting this wrong, but do you mean in a sort of loss of identity way? I think it's very common for an ED or SH etc to feel like it defines you as such, because more often than not it is such a massive and intense part of your life. When they start to lessen it can be really disconcerting to feel you don't know what/who you are anymore.

Someone said to me that the amount of time it took for an issue to reach its peak is roughly the same amount of time it takes to heal from it. So for me, when I feel like that, I try to just remind myself that eventually, with time, not knowing what to do or how to feel will pan out.

Hope I've understood you right. Is there anything you think may help? Are you able to pinpoint how you feel? xx