Author Topic: Discussing self harm - anyone else find it difficult?  (Read 8327 times)

Offline Hysteria

• 18+
  • Gold Member
Re: Discussing self harm - anyone else find it difficult?
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 11:27:15 PM »
I have told a couple of close friends that I sh when I can't deal with stuff , they were really supportive  and told me whenever I feel the need to  I am to call them night or day which made all teary eyed , one even told me she has done some reading up on BPD  so she can understand it a bit better which kinda made me realise what good friends they really were .

I have also spoken about my sh in STEPPS because I wear t shirts and my scars still show and because I feel the need to be totally honest about how my week has been  , well I did until last week when someone from the group asked me direct to my face why did I cut where everyone can see , it really upset me because of the manner in which she asked more than anything else , It was like she was accusationing me of sh'ing for attention which really hurt , I now have gone back to wearing long sleeves everywhere now as I don't like the thought of me triggering anyone or being called an attention seeker :(
Thread killer ¯\(°_o)/¯

Offline Tigger

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • Tigger has lost the bounce
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 07:06:57 PM »
went on a child protection course recently which completely screwed with my head :hide: however the stupid lady was talking about sh and getting it all wrong and i desperately wanted to tell her what a load of rubbish she was talking how was she qualified to teach the course!!!  :>:(:

however generally when the topic comes up anytime it makes my insides squirm and i start to feel very hot almost i tend to keep v quite and then get paranoid someone will notice as im never quiet  ::)
Outside I'm smiling, Inside I'm crying. Outside I'm laughing, Inside I'm dying.
"Its goodbye to the shortcuts, hello to the grind, no one ever said it would be an easy ride" - Relentless
Last SH 18/02/12

Offline BrownBear

• 18+
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 07:44:33 PM »
Is it strange that I like talking about the subject? I've always found subjects around MH fascinating, I like to think that if I didn't have my wobble period at college and stuck with it I'd have gone in helping people with MH problems (as opposed to developing my own  rotfl)

So no, I don't have problems discussing SH, until it comes to the context of myself which whilst I'm happy to talk about it around friends, I don't enjoy it quite as much as I do as if I ws talking about someone else/SH in general. Not learned to accept it fully yet. Getting there though :).