Author Topic: Why EDs are not good. *May Trigger*  (Read 10933 times)

Offline Tallulah

• 18+
  • Usually here
Re: Why EDs are not good. *May Trigger*
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 07:32:00 AM »
In medical eyes weight is the only thing that matters. If you're an okay weight you're fine, thus making it even harder to maintain and be "healthy".

The word "healthy" loses it's true meaning and becomes a synonym for everything you don't want to be.

Offline babylady

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 08:36:13 AM »
When you are genuinely not hungry and want a very light meal, you can't, like a normal person, without having a million questions or arguments because its obviously a behaviour.

Offline Sofie

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 02:16:07 PM »
When you are genuinely not hungry and want a very light meal, you can't, like a normal person, without having a million questions or arguments because its obviously a behaviour.

I got a right lecture about this. never mind that I'm smaller, therefore, don't need as much food as most people. The only reason why I need more food now, is because I run.

Offline dema

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 10:46:20 AM »
Because even after several years of recovery, I still feel the effects of years of starvation/ b&b. My teeth constantly hurt and need regular treatment, which is both painful and expensive. Osteoporosis also means that I can no longer risk jumping my horse and have to watch from the sidelines as others compete him!

Offline squiggle

• 18+
  • Usually here
  • smile
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 02:24:06 PM »
it has wrecked my thyroid which now no longer functions so i have to take thyroxine, my body no longer regulates my blood sugar properly so i often have very bad hypoglycaemic episodes and i now have to eat 6 times a day, which for someone who has an ed is a hard thing. i'm weight restored now, but i still suffer with ed thoughts. it made me a manipulative liar and cheat, and i hate that.
The average pencil is seven inches long, with just a half-inch eraser - in case you thought optimism was dead.
Robert Brault
My Blog - http://wp.me/2MX7h

Offline mirrhi

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 08:15:42 PM »
I want to thank people for their honesty in this thread  :hug2:  I guess I think I know a bit about EDs, but there are things here that have made me think...

xx
I guess it's funnier from where you're standing, Cause from over here I missed the joke
Clear the way for my crash landing, I've done it again, another number for your notes
I'll be your clown, behind the glass
Go 'head and laugh, cause it's funny
I would too if I saw me...

Offline Frozen

• 18+
  • Usually here
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 09:04:55 PM »
It has ruined my throat and my vocal cords so I can no longer sing. It means I can't lie flat because of the reflux. Nothing can be spontaneous- everything has to be planned including what I'm going to eat and when. It pushes everything else out of your life- there's no time for fun or normality any more. It reduces everything about you to a number.
Life is like playing a violin in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
-Samuel Butler